Thread: Driver Update Message. . . .

Blog Entries

Driver Update Message. . . .

I keep getting on morning computer boot up. Have any of you updated your drivers and if you did, what are the results?

Blog Entries
    Did you recently update your Operating System?

Does it tell you which drivers need to be updated?

If it is offering a link to click on that would make me suspicious.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I'm not a computer wiz, but I don`t remember getting driver update messages before. So I'd agree with Jim - dont click on anything and wait for the real computer guys here to chime in. It's possible you have a virus or malware Lowell.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

You've posted about this previously multiple times...and as with then, this is suspicious. Most drivers are automatically maintained by Windows these days. There's almost zero reason to have to manually download anything. Don't click on anything.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

TaylorMade's new Sim driver looks interesting but at my age I can't really rationalize a new golf toy.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    I keep getting on morning computer boot up. Have any of you updated your drivers and if you did, what are the results?
    Can you give more details...such as

Windows version if a windows computer,
    and look at control panel, under the system icon and then Device Manager and see if there are any yellow exclamation marks next to the hardware entries.