Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dado blade set

I've got a Dadonator, cuts well but the finish, or lack of, on the blades themselves is lacking. Need to keep them waxed or they corrode. This may have changed, my set is about 20 years old.

I have the Infinity Dadonator set. Probably 5 years old. No issue with a lack of finish and I do not wax them. They cut a great dado. No fuzzy edges, and a nice flat bottom. The one negative I can think of, is they did not come with a storage box or anything to store them in. I ended up building a box for them.

I might also suggest that you look at your arbor length. The adjustable dado sets require a good amount of length. I'd like to have one, but my Unisaw arbor is not long enough.

Thanks all,

I just ordered the Forrest DK08244. 3 reasons

1. I'm sure Freud is great but I just dont want the hassle in the event another is damaged
    2. The Forrest isnt as heavy which my saw will appreciate
    3. The Forrest company is in NJ and I'm in NJ - sharpening or any problems is a short drive away

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Anderson View Post
    My Freud SD608 dial-a-width dado comes in a very protective plastic box. One of the best dado sets around. Can't imagine the blades getting damaged in shipping. It is pricy.

Is this compatible with a saws top?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Cooper View Post
    Is this compatible with a saws top?
    I have used one on my saw stop ICS for 13 years. I think most people might tell you no because I think the manual might say not to use that type of dado but the manual didn't say that 13 years ago. I never heard the type of dado debate on a saw stop till recently. Right or wrong I still use it.

Thanks. I’ve had one for about 15 years and I would like to use it. If the concern is the mass of it being too much for the break I’m happy to disable the flash sensing technology while using.

I think that is the reason. I have never looked into it other than what I have read here. Hopefully someone else will jump in and answer that for you.