Thread: laser issues

laser issues

Hi, glad to find some pros. I have an 80 watt c02 laser engraver. It's been sitting for 2 years. Put in a new Reci tube. I have a strong test fire but will only laser for 2 minutes and then stops. Could it be my chiller?

Is the water flow normal? You say stops, the tube does not fire or the machine does not run?
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

The machine continues to run but it loses the engraving gradually until there is nothing engraving. After stopping the machine and escaping from file I still have a excellent test fire.

I checked water flow. seems okay but there is debris in the tube. Could that be it? By the way, thank you for helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Noel View Post
    I checked water flow. seems okay but there is debris in the tube. Could that be it? By the way, thank you for helping.
    I'd flush out and change the water a few times and see if that helps. Its either overheating or its being over driven, I'd check that next. Its a new tube and did you replace the power supply if you changed to a new larger or different type tube.

Linda have you solved this problem yet if not I'd like a picture of the engraving to see how and were it degrades if your lasering from bottom to top does it fade as it moves up if so have you checked to see if your table is tilted high near the front and tilts down some towards the rear. Just a thought
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Interesting they come to ask for help they get reply's and they are gone. One I replied too 3 weeks ago....and Poof.

Maybe she solved the problem and just not nice enough to let us know

we outta make a rule that to get answers they have to become a contributor and reply to help given.LOL
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Blog Entries
    It would help the next time wouldn't it? Oh well.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

While I don't have a laser at this time I follow the laser forum because I may get one one in the future so I read the threads to learn. What happens here also happens in some of the other threads. It's indeed frustrating when you never learn if the advice given fixed the problem. This forum topic like all of them has many knowledgeable members who share their experience and expertise. The courteous and right thing would be to have a follow up post to let everyone know they solved the issue. If it was different then what was suggested here that would be beneficial as well.

The becoming a contributor has merit. If you can't scrape up the minimum $6 contributor amount why are you here?

it is frustrating and I see that a lot of post from people that just join make 1 post asking questions and not contributing , are not getting any answers. I'm not that proficient in anything so a lot of questions I have no idea how to answer, but if I do have an idea I throw in my 2 cents worth, and its always nice to know if it helped. I do know that people who help people here save them a lot of money and six bucks a year is so cheap to have support. I had a furnace problem a while back and was ready to call the repair man, decide to post my problem here and I tried a few suggestions people here told me and Wa La furnace was find, saved me a bundle on a repairman's house call
    Last edited by Bert Kemp; 02-27-2021 at 10:32 AM.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander