Thread: Trotec Printer driver Please help

Smile Trotec Printer driver Please help

First of all hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum and have been referred here by a friend.
    Hopefully someone here might be able to help me.
    I bought a Trotec Laser cutter a few years ago from a school but it only came with a printer driver for windows xp which does not work with windows 7.
    It has just been sitting in the corner of my workshop and now I have decided to get it up and running.
    The job control that came with the machine version 6 works with windows 7 only the printer driver is not compatible which is version 5.

I was wondering if there is anyone here who might have a printer driver that is compatible with Win 7?
    I have contacted Trotec and I think they tried to look for one but then gave up and said they no longer could help me as it is a model that is no longer supported.
    If anyone here can help it would make my day

I have attached a few pics of my machine, it is an old beast but still has some life in it.
    I look forward to any replies.
    Thanks
    Mani
    Attached Images Attached Images

Some people have a dedicated PC running XP for such situations. I don't know how if/how well XP runs on state of the art machines, you might need an older thrift shop PC. Keep it away from the internet for sure. There may be other solutions, I'm no expert.
    Last edited by Curt Harms; 01-24-2021 at 9:54 AM.

I have a C25 and the system runs on XP not sure you can get it to run on Win7. I can send send a driver up dat to you but again for XP.

....send email address to my personal
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

Hi Mark,
    Thankyou for your reply and for willing to help. I am not sure how to send a personal message through this forum so I have sent an e-mail via your homepage.
    I hope you don't mind me doing that.
    If you could send the driver to my e-mail that would be greatly appreciated, fingers crossed this might work on win 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sipes View Post
    I have a C25 and the system runs on XP not sure you can get it to run on Win7. I can send send a driver up dat to you but again for XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Mani Moustaf View Post
    First of all hello everyone,
    I am new to this forum and have been referred here by a friend.
    Hopefully someone here might be able to help me.
    I bought a Trotec Laser cutter a few years ago from a school but it only came with a printer driver for windows xp which does not work with windows 7.
    It has just been sitting in the corner of my workshop and now I have decided to get it up and running.
    The job control that came with the machine version 6 works with windows 7 only the printer driver is not compatible which is version 5.

I was wondering if there is anyone here who might have a printer driver that is compatible with Win 7?
    I have contacted Trotec and I think they tried to look for one but then gave up and said they no longer could help me as it is a model that is no longer supported.
    If anyone here can help it would make my day

I have attached a few pics of my machine, it is an old beast but still has some life in it.
    I look forward to any replies.
    Thanks
    Mani
    I think i would give it one last shot with Trotec to see if they can get it to work. I have a Speedy II, Model 8007 and while technically its not in the firmware list of JC 10.7.1 it works fine. Mine is strictly a serial (no usb), I would suspect we have a similar motherboard. Trotec told me I could upgrade the motherboard for ~$1800 +tax + shipping and it would moreorless bring it up to date just slightly slower then the newer ones 145 IPS vs like 170 IPS. I would suspect you could do the same. If JC 10 would work your a $300 software upgrade away from windows 7/10.

Is yours parallel or serial? If its serial I would suspect that its in the same boat as mine limited at 10.7.1
    Last edited by Chase Williams; 02-07-2021 at 10:13 PM.

Seems to me getting an XP computer, which someone would likely gladly GIVE you to get it out of their hair, would be much easier than trying to locate nearly non-existent software for a win7-which is nearly as obsolete as XP--

and "obsolete" is just a term tech junkies use, not me. People like me, with many older but perfectly functional machines (read: they makes me money!), have zero desire to spend KKK's of $$$ for newer machines just because my older machine's software won't work on what to me is a completely-useless-in-a-machinery-driven-environment Windows 10 computer that's designed somewhat for office work and 90% for social media junkies...

-sorry for the rant

To make my machines and programs work, I have:

1- Win98 computer (plus a couple of spares standing by)
    3- XP computers
    5- win7 computers
    1- win10 laptop

I need the 98 to run my early 90's Casmate programs (best, fastest, cleanest vector tracing program bar none)

I use the XP's because they work, and have motherboards with several PCI serial/parallel slots I need to run my machines (half of which don't have USB input)
    one of my XP's is simply a 'server', it has 5 machines connected to it, saves needing 2 more computers!

I use the 7's because THEY work.

I WON'T use win8 or win10 because they just plain suck. The ONLY reason I have a win10 laptop is to run tax software.

Computers running machines have no need to be online. Networked, yes but a good router will insulate them from the 'net...

Seriously, just get an XP and happy lasering everafter
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sipes View Post

Hi, at first sorry to disturb this old thread

I got a faulty Trotec Speedy 100 8003 for cheap and was able to get it working again.
    Unfortunately the laser came without software, the previous owner said he used JobControl 6.4.5.
    i see that you have the same laser.
    Could you maybe help me and provide the software?

Thanks in advance

That one is probably going to cost you. I was in a similar situation with the speedy II, I had in the past. I’m next to certain you will need to go through a series of updates. I want to say from JC 6 goes to JC 9 then from JC 9 to JC 10 then from JC10 to JC 11 then JC 11 to Ruby’s latest. Each with a firmware update, then at that point you should be able to go to Ruby as long as you have USB. I’m pretty sure it’s going to cost you $300+tax for the newest JC license and a tech should be able to help you with the update. It’s possible Trotec support will just have a firmware installer and the firmware series of updates without the need for a license purchase but I wouldn’t have high hopes for doing it without JC.

Have teamviewer installed on your computer, a very quality usb cable between the laser and the computer and id probably recommend an UPS power supply. Electronics are sensitive to firmware updates and while pretty sure a power outage or error can brick your boards and they are wildly expensive (used to be $600 for each motor x,y,z + $2000 for motherboard.).

Have you tested to make sure the machine works and doesn’t need a new tube? If you hold the enter and shift keys down at the same time it should do a test pulse. Hold them down until you see a burn mark on a piece of paper below the laser; if there is no burn, you probably need a replacement tube. Depending on the tube you may want to go to photovac for a recharge or direct to Trotec for an exchange (expect between $600-$1500 for a non-ceramic tube).

Last thing and maybe best to get help from Trotec but if the machine has been moved hard, the mirrors might need an alignment, Trotec should be able to help guide you but have some painters tape, DO NOT MOVE THE ADJUSTMENT SCREWS, until you have verified that the laser is out of adjustment. If nothing happens to the piece of paper. Take off the right side door. Put some magnets on the sensors and put the piece of paper in the inlet hole for the laser beam and fire the test shot, that way if something is out of alignment it will still hit. If the screws have nail polish on them they are adjustment, if not then they are for mirror removal (for cleaning). Use lens clens red and camera lense wipes for cleaning. Watch a video first as mirrors/lens are very expensive and damaging one would not be fun. Lens replacement is usually a Trotec thing as they make a proprietary mount but II-VI/Coherent formally makes the lenses and if you didn’t want the mount or measurement tool, just pop out the old lens from the base and order one from II-VI (it will be a lot cheaper).

Good luck