Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help squaring table saw

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    It sounds like this is a 22124 craftsman. Is that correct? There’s also some confusion here… If it is that saw they are cabinet mounted trunnions just like a cabinet saw. Also, if it is that saw I happen to have one sitting in my garage right now and I can probably help with this. I’ll check back in the morning and see how this is going.
    Glenn, correct. I took off the lock washers, added another flat washer, and loosened all the bolts this morning. Set up the square to get it close then set up my dial indicator. I squared it up with the bolts loose and then began tightening them. Side towards the clean out did not move the set up, but when I tighten the two bolts on the left hand side of the table(facing it) this pulled it out of square. I tightened them a little and banged the table back past zero on the indicator and continued to tighten them. At some point I could not move the top for adjustment and when I was done I was .003 out of square. noticeable in a cut. I started over, put the saw .008 out the wrong way and tightened the bolts and banged on ti as I went. Best I would do was .002 out of square. I got so frustrated I gave up. This was noticeable in a cut. I have 115V service and 1.75hp is fine for what I do. Looking at Grizzly and Laguna models seems like the same design? I can run 220V and go to 3hp if this gets me a better/easier machine to maintain, but not sure it would. I don't want to spend all my time woodworking setting up the equipment. I now it has to be maintained, but this is a pain in the .... Thanks for any help. brian
    Brian

Thanks, Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Runau View Post
    Not that close it is showing up in the cut enough to matter.
    Are you sure this is due to saw alignment? Could a blade that is slightly out of whack exhibit the same symptoms or have you tried different blades?

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    Are you sure this is due to saw alignment? Could a blade that is slightly out of whack exhibit the same symptoms or have you tried different blades?
    I think the blade is fine. I can square it up fine with the bolts loose, but when I tighten them down it moves almost ..001 when I tighten it down.. Thanks brian
    Last edited by Brian Runau; 01-25-2021 at 8:21 AM.
    Brian

I took off the fence and top. Reinstalled everything and it squared up. No idea what was wrong, but it is fixed. Thanks. Brian
    Brian