Thread: Vacuum Press

Vacuum Press

What is a decent vacuum press for veneering and also has option of holding finished pieces to sand or band? I see vacupress brand and really like. Are there others that people like?

Thanks
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!"

vacupress are great... i have one of those, and also use my festool vacsys pumps for both bags and my vacuum press. all good options.

We use an Excel 5 from veneersupplies dot com. It does a good job on our 10' x 5' press. Im always rigging it up for some other function from automotive stuff to prepping sous vide. Really, they're relatively simple machines (small compressor with the pump facing the wrong way). It does 5 cfm and easily hold 25 inches. I often have to bleed it a little to avoid crushing web framed asslembies. In my experience, your bag press, table press, or clamp set-ups are much more consequential than the pump.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by johnny means; 01-23-2021 at 12:00 AM.

Vacuum Pressing Systems (Vacupress) is an excellent, reliable source. If you want to save some money by fabricating your own press look here https://www.veneersupplies.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jenness View Post
    Vacuum Pressing Systems (Vacupress) is an excellent, reliable source. If you want to save some money by fabricating your own press look here https://www.veneersupplies.com/
    This is what I did. If you're handy you can use his kit to make a very good vacuum system. He also sells bags and usually has a sale on bags about once a year.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    This is what I did. If you're handy you can use his kit to make a very good vacuum system. He also sells bags and usually has a sale on bags about once a year.

Mike
    Ditto...I bought the vacuum bag kit($93 with shipping), along with some veneer, from veneer supplies dot com.

Added a used (eBay) Gast pump ($50), a ($20) vacuum gauge, a ball valve and a couple of other brass fittings and was all in for about $200.

Thanks guys. I'll check these out.
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!"