Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for alternative options for 3/4" spiral upcutting router bit - dog holes

Makes perfect sense. Also I believe I bought the guide bushing...it’s been a while since I bought this.

is there common consensus on recommended layout?
    Bob C

There's a thread about the WP Hole Boring Jig that many people gave great suggestions about options for doing this: https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....ole-Boring-Jig

I'm in a similar situation, so I was heavily involved asking questions, and there were quite a few very informative responses.

And no, I haven't gotten around to doing mine yet.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

There are also straight router bits with an extra piece of carbide in the center to facilitate making holes. They do not cost much more than a normal straight bit - much cheaper than a carbide spiral upcut.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Brinkley View Post
    I want to precisely drill some new dog holes in my bench. I would like to use a plunge router to do this, but 3/4" spirals are hard to find and very pricey. It seems that I recall that you can use a 1/2" bit and a larger guide bushing and by rotating in a circle you can route a perfect 3/4" hole using a 1/2" bit.

Any tips or ideas would be much appreciated!
    Find a video: "DominoFix MFT Hole Jig" (sold by Tool Nut, New York).