Thread: DIY version of Infinity Tool vertical sled for cutting 45 degree bevels with chamfer

DIY version of Infinity Tool vertical sled for cutting 45 degree bevels with chamfer

This looks like a neat jig for cutting perfect 45 degree end cuts but it seems a bit pricey at $139. Has anyone come up with an easy
    DIY alternative. I like to make small boxes on router table and I have been looking for a way to control length while cutting 45 degree bevels with a chamfer bit.

I found a great source for thin cut hardwood for small projects......richardscraftwoods.com.....good luck and stay safe

I have the Infinity Vertical Sled. Worked as advertised.

Be happy to sell it. I don't think we can pm each other so fire me an email if interested

caedwards874 ar gmail dot com

Just curious, what does it look like? Looked on the Infinity Tools website and couldn't find it. I use a sled with a flip stop on my table saw and the blade set at 45 degrees to make boxes with mitered corners, what's the advantage using a router?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Garson View Post
    Just curious, what does it look like? Looked on the Infinity Tools website and couldn't find it. I use a sled with a flip stop on my table saw and the blade set at 45 degrees to make boxes with mitered corners, what's the advantage using a router?
    I found this Doug. LINK Not certain it's the same thing they are talking about, but seems like it.

Tom, I'm with you. Sure seems like somebody clever could make their own, but I don't know of a plan. Might be able to google for it. But depending on what Chris wants for his, might be better off just buying it from him.

Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 01-23-2021 at 4:34 AM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

The vertical fixture is something you alway want to have if you are going to use a lock-miter bit which incorporates the 45º angle but with a kind of tongue and groove reinforcement for strength and alignment.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    The vertical fixture is something you alway want to have if you are going to use a lock-miter bit which incorporates the 45º angle but with a kind of tongue and groove reinforcement for strength and alignment.
    That's why I bought it, made all the drawers, in this cabinet using the Vertical Sled and a lock-miter bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    I found this Doug. LINK Not certain it's the same thing they are talking about, but seems like it.

Tom, I'm with you. Sure seems like somebody clever could make their own, but I don't know of a plan. Might be able to google for it. But depending on what Chris wants for his, might be better off just buying it from him.

Fred
    Thanks Fred, looks a bit like some shop made tenon jigs. I agree it would be a useful jig and quite easy to make just from the pictures in your link