Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modded Felder K940S

Modded Felder K940S

Local customer’s shop:

-Tigerfence
    -Custom fabricated dolly base
    -Infeed and outfeed tables, leveled to saw, with built-in cabinet storage

Ordinarily, I do not reccommend mobility-type bases for sliding panel saws but this gentleman has a background in steel fabrication and it was rock-solid.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Wow..that's a VERY stout mobility solution! I guess the only thing that I would worry about normally would be an uneven floor, but that will not be an issue for the actual saw structure, for sure. Very nice setup they have.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Yeah: Only works because its a fresh, level slab.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Yeah: Only works because its a fresh, level slab.

Erik
    I hope I can have that in a future shop, but I'm not going to hold my breath...
    --

Jim it (Great concrete flatwork) is all about the RIGHT guy and his superbly trained crew doing the job. Ask 6-8 contractors in your area who THE guy is ,then hire him and pay whatever he quotes. In my area here there are 2-3 exceptional concrete finishers which is kind of rare, a lot of areas are not so lucky.

Yes, for new, that's how I'd proceed. I actually have "the guy" for that. But for existing, it's a little tougher row to hoe. Too soon to know what the future will bring.
    --

I know my slab would definitely not accommodate that being mobile, but I'm going to borrow the outfeed table idea. Maybe the infeed too.

Blog Entries
    Ugh I wish my slab could accommodate that.. I have shims under every piece of equipment with 4 points of contact.

Sliders are one of the few machines that function really well with only three feet. I've always thought that companies like Felder are missing a layup there.

I don’t think I could live with those giant outriggers, I would be tripping over them all the time. I put mine on 4” adjustable feet, easy enough to move with a pallet jack. Looks like he is regretting not getting the xmotion option on the k940, wonder what the cost diff is xmotion vs tiger.

The options he needs to add now is a zci, nose for the fence and air clamps...

01AC314D-F150-4177-AE21-EFC25071DE0F.jpgF4F08E3B-CAA3-4178-B273-D4475B87EF4E.jpg46B101DA-127F-40D9-80E2-3F3EEEB78327.jpgFDDDF14F-7AEA-41D3-95C4-831A62C78C64.jpg563958B8-F37B-489A-9D13-21BA5B921B12.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    I don’t think I could live with those giant outriggers, I would be tripping over them all the time. I put mine on 4” adjustable feet, easy enough to move with a pallet jack. Looks like he is regretting not getting the xmotion option on the k940, wonder what the cost diff is xmotion vs tiger.

The options he needs to add now is a zci, nose for the fence and air clamps...

01AC314D-F150-4177-AE21-EFC25071DE0F.jpgF4F08E3B-CAA3-4178-B273-D4475B87EF4E.jpg46B101DA-127F-40D9-80E2-3F3EEEB78327.jpgFDDDF14F-7AEA-41D3-95C4-831A62C78C64.jpg563958B8-F37B-489A-9D13-21BA5B921B12.jpg
    Mark, where did you get your 4” adjustable feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark e Kessler View Post
    I don’t think I could live with those giant outriggers, I would be tripping over them all the time. I put mine on 4” adjustable feet, easy enough to move with a pallet jack. Looks like he is regretting not getting the xmotion option on the k940, wonder what the cost diff is xmotion vs tiger. The options he needs to add now is a zci, nose for the fence and air clamps...
    Mark, you’re hilarious. Shocking as this might seem, some customers seem able to use our equipment perfectly fine, as it comes. I’m sure this gentleman could have purchased a Kappa 400X if he wanted but this saw has been a great fit for him. The Tigerfence came off his former slider. I actually suggested Mac’s clamps but in the customer’s words, “This is what works for me”.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Rice View Post
    Mark, where did you get your 4” adjustable feet?
    McMaster carr. https://www.mcmaster.com/2531K128/

They really cut down on the min vibration that the k940 has,

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Loza View Post
    Mark, you’re hilarious. Shocking as this might seem, some customers seem able to use our equipment perfectly fine, as it comes. I’m sure this gentleman could have purchased a Kappa 400X if he wanted but this saw has been a great fit for him. The Tigerfence came off his former slider. I actually suggested Mac’s clamps but in the customer’s words, “This is what works for me”.

Erik

Erik, what exactly is “hilarious”... I posted a response yesterday but it is missing... nothing shocking here, do you have something against increasing the usability, improving a design and making a piece of equipment as delivered? Obviously this customer did not want to use it as delivered he adding a mobile base to the saw and tiger fence. Or are you are you just trying to illustrate on this blog no one needs these extras and can just buy a piece of Felder equipment and use it?
    Last edited by Mark e Kessler; 01-25-2021 at 1:16 PM.

Enough with getting personal here. Discuss. Question. Learn. But this is a community so how you say it matters. Please.

Jim
    Forum Moderator