Thread: Shopvac soft bristle brush

Shopvac soft bristle brush

Does anyone know where to purchase a soft bristle brush for shop vac.after sanding a project I use the stiff bristle brush that comes with the vac but the bristles are plastic and hard and can actually mark the wood thanks jim.

Blog Entries
    A central vacuum shop should be able to fix you up with a good natural bristle brush.

There are "horse hair shop vac dust brush" attachments available on AMZN. One is made by Maresh products. You'll have to figure out your couplings.

Thanks frank and prashun I looked on Amazon but not for horsehair

I have brushes for a Fein vac that are pretty soft. The port size is different than Shop Vac so I'm not sure how you'd work that out.

The brush I have found most useful for vacuuming fine dust is a Dyson Genuine Vacuum Cleaner Soft Dusting Brush Tool

I purchased 3 of the brushes for our woodturning club

The cheapest place to purchase the brush is Ebay If you search for Dyson cleaning kit or Dyson accessories you will often find a number of tools in a better price

or just search Dyson soft brush

Please note some of the kits come with a number of adapters which may allow you to make a more professional connection to your shop vac

Last edited by Brian Deakin; 01-25-2021 at 5:03 AM.