Thread: Tea Box for my favorite Tea Drinker

Tea Box for my favorite Tea Drinker

My wife started drinking coffee about a year ago, loved it, then got diagnosed with IBS. Unfortunately her stomach and coffee don't play nicely. As an avid Tea drinker, I have made sure to hook her up with a wide assortment on Holidays and birthdays. The side effect has been a bunch of boxes littering the counter top. So I made her a Cherry tea box from some scraps. The top piece is some beautifully figured Maple. 95% hand tools. My first mostly hand tooled project.
    teabox_corner_edited.jpgteabox_open_edited.jpgteabox_loaded.jpg

Great looking box, Todd. Very nice first hand tool project. Loved that hand tool work, didn’t you?!

LOL...indeed. Over 20 years of making dust and noise. I have a FT job, so woodworking is a hobby, But I really appreciated the pace and the peace. I bought my first real hand plane when Covid hit. It's been in a drawer and appears to have reproduced.
    And thanks for the compliment. I really enjoyed building it.
    Last edited by Todd Trebuna; 01-21-2021 at 11:51 AM.

Nice box! Great way to organize. I think I'll copy your good idea.

How did you attach the maple to the top? (It sorta looks like it is held on by the knob, rather than being glued.)

Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Hi Frederick. It's glued down. I kept glue away from the edges to avoid squeeze out, so it looks like there is a more noticeable gap in the pics than in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Nice box! Great way to organize. I think I'll copy your good idea.

How did you attach the maple to the top? (It sorta looks like it is held on by the knob, rather than being glued.)

Fred

lovely box - I like the design. I'm just starting to drink tea so may have to follow your example. Thx for posting it.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

Todd, thanks for sharing. Looks like a good gift idea. What are the dimensions of your box? It'll save me some thinking time.

Thanks Stan,
    The box is made with 1/2 inch stock. The box is 9"x9"x4".

Very nice Todd. A fine box, and practical.

Thanks Mark.