Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Stimulus Checks

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    My understanding is that they are not using the debit cards for this round. But the previous one was from an bank that specializes in the same...just not one that most folks recognized as such.
    -- last time we got checks, Saturday this showed up--
    dbt.jpg
    One of two I'm assuming- seems they are still using debit cards!
    No rhyme or reason I guess.
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Kev Williams View Post
    -- last time we got checks, Saturday this showed up--
    dbt.jpg
    One of two I'm assuming- seems they are still using debit cards!
    No rhyme or reason I guess.
    I guess the information I read was incorrect, Kev. At least you can easily transfer that money out lickety-split into your regular checking account. You do not have to actually use the debit card.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Well everybody should have theirs, as ours came today. In the first round, we were one of the last to receive check. Must have something to do with last name beginning with a "W." Been at the back of the line all my life just because last name begins with "W."

I haven't received mine yet. I was part of the electronic deposit fiasco that the IRS screwed up. I got an email from TaxAct, where I e-filed last year, that they worked out a deal with the IRS to have everyone's stimulus deposited by the 31st of January. I'm not holding my breath.

I received the first stimulus last year on April 6th via direct deposit. I'm not sure what is different this time around.

I got mine by direct deposit in the spring, but the last one didn't come. The IRS lost the paper return I filed, and I had to send another copy recently. I know they got it initially because they cashed the check last February. I know they have had a lot of staffing trouble during COVID, and this year I am going to e-file.

Just received ours, cash card this time versus checks last year.

There seems to be no consistency in how some are receiving theirs. We had direct deposit both times, should be interesting how the next one may come.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    There seems to be no consistency in how some are receiving theirs. We had direct deposit both times, should be interesting how the next one may come.

Lets hope there is some way developed to get them to those who really need it. Our income hasn't changed but everything we buy, including property taxes, has gone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Our income hasn't changed but everything we buy, including property taxes, has gone up.
    This is a fact. Stop and think about all the retail that are having employees shop for you such as the grocery chains where shoppers will do your entire shopping for you and there is no charge for this service. Guess who is paying for this....me and everyone else who does their own shopping.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Blog Entries
    Just received mine yesterday, 2/1.

Blog Entries
    This is a fact. Stop and think about all the retail that are having employees shop for you such as the grocery chains where shoppers will do your entire shopping for you and there is no charge for this service. Guess who is paying for this....me and everyone else who does their own shopping.
    I don't think so. Where we shop (Wegmans and Giant Eagle), the prices are the same if you get it curb side via a shopper or go in and put in your cart yourself. If you go directly through instacart, the prices are slightly higher.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 02-02-2021 at 1:10 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Here, you pay an annual fee for such services. Similar in cost to Amazon Prime. Same idea goes for "cash customers," esp at gas stations. Those who use cash, pay full price while those using CC get some kind of rebate, meaning they pay less than cash customer. Shouldn't it be the other way around. It's another case of it doesn't pay to be poor in America, it COSTS!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Here, you pay an annual fee for such services. Similar in cost to Amazon Prime. Same idea goes for "cash customers," esp at gas stations. Those who use cash, pay full price while those using CC get some kind of rebate, meaning they pay less than cash customer. Shouldn't it be the other way around. It's another case of it doesn't pay to be poor in America, it COSTS!
    In today's world there may be more problems for a retailer having cash on hand. Compared to a system that puts money in the bank without having the hassle of moving the cash around.

Not everybody gets a rebate using a credit card. People are fooled into the idea of spending money is going to make them money.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

The CC rebates are from the card issuer's program. That's the reason that Professor Dr. SWMBO and I rarely ever use cash...I went for nearly a month recently without any on my person because I didn't realize the little I normally carry was gone. We use multiple cards and choose the best for a given purchase. We also pay them off in total monthly...never any balances and no interest. (I combine with Rakuten ... formerly EBates ... to lower end cost even more on many online purchases) But I will agree that there is a large number of folks who unfortunately don't qualify for or can't use CC responsibility miss out on the advantages of these points/rebate programs.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Pre-pandemic I was a mostly cash for paying at restaurants and the like.... Last time I got money out of an ATM was last March (and I still have most of it in my wallet :-) )
    I had been very resistant to self-check out, pay-pal, and putting everything on the credit card... Now, not so much.