Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodpeckers delays

Blog Entries

Woodpeckers delays

Just curious if anyone has had issues recently with WO? I order two items back in April and it still shows backorder. I contacted them a few months ago and was told "Its due to Corvid". Well I think way too many use this as an excuse. In the meantime they have had my $250 to use as they see fit. I have asked for cancellation of the order. We shall see if I get a positive response.
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by tim walker View Post
    Just curious if anyone has had issues recently with WO? I order two items back in April and it still shows backorder. I contacted them a few months ago and was told "Its due to Corvid". Well I think way too many use this as an excuse. In the meantime they have had my $250 to use as they see fit. I have asked for cancellation of the order. We shall see if I get a positive response.
    Just curious if you run a business Tim? You are privy to their employee sickness and absentee rate? How about getting their raw materials delivered? In case you haven't noticed, Covid is at the highest rates since it started. Just because the first anniversary of the first case in America has just passed, the affects felt by business is FAR from over.

Yep, same thing with my order (drill press pro fence and 6-in-1 gauge set). Ordered in June with an expected delivery in September. Multiple delays and fairly poor in keeping me in the loop. I have had to email multiple times. Al they say is they are working on it but cant provide any dates. Current estimated delivery is February. I actually finally gave up on their dado jig and cancelled the order.

Not sure what is going on with their supply chain. I understand the impact of COVID but they do their own manufacturing so I would think they could do a much better job of estimating and then hitting their delivery dates.
    ===========

James Cheever
    Ga Tech NROTC - 1978
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Commander, USN (Retired)

COVID is definitely having an effect on businesses all around. I run a business so I know. Just because it might seem like it's used a lot as a reason for delays, doesn't mean its being overused. Even if a particular business doesn't have employees directly getting sick, there are numerous delays down the chain of supply, in addition to them possibly running a smaller staff which would slow things down right now.

Keep in mind, in addition to being setbacks with supply, there is also a huge demand right now because everyone is home doing WWing it seems. Those two factors are really working together to amplify delays pretty severely.

If you can't wait for the order to be fulfilled though, it's understandable, and I'm sure they'll provide a cancellation.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Coers View Post
    Just curious if you run a business Tim? You are privy to their employee sickness and absentee rate? How about getting their raw materials delivered? In case you haven't noticed, Covid is at the highest rates since it started. Just because the first anniversary of the first case in America has just passed, the affects felt by business is FAR from over.
    I fully understand that, but their communication on the issue could be 1000% better. Actually 1000% of better is still zero%. They DO NOT COMMUNICATE at all. I have had to ask them what status is.
    Tim in Hill Country of Texas

I think holding onto your money for about 9 months is a bit excessive no matter what the reason. I would be upset too. I understand the Covid issues but holding onto someone's money that long with no firm shipping date is not good business.
    Last edited by Larry Frank; 01-20-2021 at 7:38 PM.

Maybe tied up with the Multi-Router deal ;-)

I ordered a Saburrtooth 4" Sanding Disc from a Canadian company in August that was out of stock. It only took them 3 months to have it shipped in from the States. Ditto something from China- ordered Mid Dec. & arrived within 5 weeks.
    Just a Duffer

I ordered the 36" DP Pro Fence, Stops, and Base in June. The expected delivery date was September, then middle of November, then middle of December, then the end of December. I was in regular communication with them via email and phone. They removed the shipping charge and Mike in customer service got my order shipped and I received it in 3 days. The issue was that the materials they were getting for the fence and base were not up to their standards.

They also informed me that they do not charge the CC until they ship the item.

I had to wait, but it was worth it for me.

I am happy you finally received your fence. However, I still do not have my materials (also a DP Pro Fence and stops) ordered in June. That is the first I have heard of this reason for the multiple delays. However, since all communication about revised delivery dates has been initiated by me, i still think WP can be much more proactive with their communication to their customers. There may be many customers (like me) that are unwilling to order anything else at this point until they can trust the estimated delivery dates provided when the order is placed.
    ===========

James Cheever
    Ga Tech NROTC - 1978
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Commander, USN (Retired)

Quote Originally Posted by tim walker View Post
    I fully understand that, but their communication on the issue could be 1000% better. Actually 1000% of better is still zero%. They DO NOT COMMUNICATE at all. I have had to ask them what status is.
    That's the second most common complaint about on-line purchasing. One of my other hobbies is cycling. 2020 was a year when every bicycle came out of the garage and every bicycle shop and internet seller sold out of inventory. New bikes were nonexistent since the Chinese component factories shut down first. Now I read about cargo ships sitting off the shore and unable to enter ports. Ports have containers sitting like never before. In the Port of LA, a container ship with a container of bicycles has been told they won't be allowed in port for 3 weeks. It's a business disaster.
    Last edited by Richard Coers; 01-20-2021 at 10:07 PM.

Everybody seems to be beating on Woodpeckers lately. They don't charge your credit card until they ship the item, so it isn't like they are borrowing your money for months.
    I ordered a couple of items in the spring and it took a little while to get here. Heck, I've got a Veritas Large Shoulder plane on order, from Lee Valley; it was originally due in late December and now it isn't expected to be available until June.

I watched a YouTube video a week or so ago about the various supply chains and how a disruption in one has cascade effects across numerous other areas. After watching that, I'm amazed that anything is getting delivered in a timely fashion. We are in the middle of a pandemic, just accept that things will be delayed and get on with life.

+1 to Bob! Also, rather than beat up on Woodpecker get your tools elsewhere and spend your time more productively making sawdust ;-) I have a lot of red in my shop. I ordered the DP Pro table last Junt, supposed to ship in September or October 2020 as I recall. I got mine Monday this week and they are still shipping them. If you want a Woodpecker tool then take a chill pill when you order...

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Betker View Post
    Everybody seems to be beating on Woodpeckers lately. They don't charge your credit card until they ship the item, so it isn't like they are borrowing your money for months.
    I ordered a couple of items in the spring and it took a little while to get here. Heck, I've got a Veritas Large Shoulder plane on order, from Lee Valley; it was originally due in late December and now it isn't expected to be available until June.

I watched a YouTube video a week or so ago about the various supply chains and how a disruption in one has cascade effects across numerous other areas. After watching that, I'm amazed that anything is getting delivered in a timely fashion. We are in the middle of a pandemic, just accept that things will be delayed and get on with life.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Betker View Post
    They don't charge your credit card until they ship the item, so it isn't like they are borrowing your money for months.
    I have no problems with Woodpeckers, and I fully understand all the delays across the board (i.e. Lee Valley, USPS, etc.). That being said, Woodpeckers did charge my card in June for an item that was originally scheduled to be shipped in September but didn't actually ship until November. So they were "borrowing" my money for months. Most companies don't charge your card until the item ships; Woodpeckers charged it right away.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Wurster View Post
    I have no problems with Woodpeckers, and I fully understand all the delays across the board (i.e. Lee Valley, USPS, etc.). That being said, Woodpeckers did charge my card in June for an item that was originally scheduled to be shipped in September but didn't actually ship until November. So they were "borrowing" my money for months. Most companies don't charge your card until the item ships; Woodpeckers charged it right away.
    In early December I ordered a few items from a company in Maryland. They sent it out the next day in a Priority 2 Day package. It took 33 days to get to my place in Minnesota.