Thread: Jessem Mast-R-Lift Excel II Table

Jessem Mast-R-Lift Excel II Table

Hi,
    i just bought this package. I am wondering if I can thread casters to the stand? The salesman at woodcraft said no, but would sell me the jessem mobile package. The feet are threaded into the base, so not sure why he said not a good idea??
    thanks for any input.

On the Continental Divide somewhere in Montana
    I have this same table. The Jessem mobility kit is very nice, easy to use, and the table is rock solid when dropped down onto the feet. For my money, it's a better solution than the locking casters I have elsewhere in the shop. But...threads are threads whether there are feet or wheels on the end - don't see any reason you couldn't put casters on it. It'll probably raise the table height, but thats a personal preference thing anyway. Nice table and lift. I'm going to be adding a dust collection box under mine, I was not impressed with the stock under table dust collection.

Thanks for the feedback! I was also concerned about dust as it is in my basement. Again I asked about a dust box at woodcraft and he didn’t recommend. He said that it would restrict airflow and possibly motor could overheat. Maybe if running all day? I know most commercial dust boxes have air vents. Which brand are you thinking or will you make your own?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Selzer View Post
    Thanks for the feedback! I was also concerned about dust as it is in my basement. Again I asked about a dust box at woodcraft and he didn’t recommend. He said that it would restrict airflow and possibly motor could overheat. Maybe if running all day? I know most commercial dust boxes have air vents. Which brand are you thinking or will you make your own?
    i am going the Jessem route (at some point soon I hope) and while I can't comment on the caster question you have, but woodcraft sells lots of casters for diy add-ons. Who knows. However, I don't understand how the woodcraft employee would say that a dust box under the table is going to cause the motor to overheat. Many router systems have under-table boxes, as does my home-made dust box for my current rocker router setup. You are pulling cool air into the box at all times and since the air is being replaced, you not causing a air vacuum in the box.

Agreed. He told me Jessem doesn’t make a dust box for a reason. I just ordered the Rockler dust box.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Selzer View Post
    Agreed. He told me Jessem doesn’t make a dust box for a reason. I just ordered the Rockler dust box.
    why didn't you just make one? Some plywood, a dust port and a 4x4x2 wye.

Neil: Is that the version with the elevation handle/wheel on the side? If so, can you give us some feedback after you've used it for a month or so? I'm interested in it and would like to hear owner's impressions.
    Thanks, Bob

Bob,
    after using a used Bosch bench-top for 15 years this will be a huge upgrade for me! I’m working on building master bath cabinetry, so this should be a good test for the table. I did much research prior to purchasing this expensive package and can’t wait it get assembled and put to use. I will absolutely come back and give my thoughts, so that it may help others make a decision.
    Neil

I’ve had a Jesse router table for 7 or 8 years. I threaded casters into the legs, but the threaded inserts in the legs came out of the legs on two corners. I ended up using jb weld to glue the inserts into the legs. So hopefully they’ve fixed that or it was just mine. I do have a duster right dust box and it works well. I’ve ran a Bosch 1617 in my table for years with no heat issues and no air flow issues. I can only see this being a problem if you are producing very high volume.

Todd,
    thanks for the information. Did you have to modify the dust rite box much? I see you have to drill a hole in the side for the height adjustment rod.
    thanks

11. Quote Originally Posted by Neil Selzer View Post
    Hi,
    i just bought this package. I am wondering if I can thread casters to the stand? The salesman at woodcraft said no, but would sell me the jessem mobile package. The feet are threaded into the base, so not sure why he said not a good idea??
    thanks for any input.
    Maybe this is why the guy at woodcraft said not to use threaded casters in the Jessem Stand. The threaded end of the leg is not welded in. It is press fit / held on by paint and not too tight at that. See photo below. I have the same package and put these casters from Woodcraft on it. It came out and tipped while in use. Scary!! I think it is only intended to carry a load in line with the leg, i.e. leveling feet. The offset caster acts as a lever and breaks the end out.

I don't want the Jessem mobile kit. It looks like over priced crap, just my impression.
    I found and ordered these threaded glass reinforced nylon inserts from Zoro. The I.D. of the leg is 1.34 inches and the O.D of the insert is 1.37. I am hoping I can jam it in there, knock the rest of the original ones out and replace them for peace of mind. There is another Nylon insert that looks nearly identical but the insert size is 1.26 inches which would be too small unless you want to shim it.

https://www.zoro.com/elesa-square-en...ctid=130586692

20220221_153732.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07...b_b_asin_title

I have that set up. I used these casters. Same threading.

I made a box for mine. No issues with heat so far. I’ll run mine for an hour at a time sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Betker View Post
    Neil: Is that the version with the elevation handle/wheel on the side? If so, can you give us some feedback after you've used it for a month or so? I'm interested in it and would like to hear owner's impressions.
    Thanks, Bob

I've had one for a little over a year. It's the nicest and most accurate tool I own. Solid as a rock, and the lift mechanism with the wheel is quick, and easy to adjust in very small increments. I love mine.

I bought the mobility kit as part of the package, but have never installed it as I don't move my router table hardly ever.

d

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Nevala View Post
    I've had one for a little over a year. It's the nicest and most accurate tool I own. Solid as a rock, and the lift mechanism with the wheel is quick, and easy to adjust in very small increments. I love mine.

I bought the mobility kit as part of the package, but have never installed it as I don't move my router table hardly ever.

d

If you are interested in selling the mobility kit, I'd be interested in buying. I'm going to be doing a PCS move here this summer and need to load the table into a moving truck.

Let me know!

Mike