Thread: Bona Traffic HD Finish: Use Only Portion of Two-Part Mix

Bona Traffic HD Finish: Use Only Portion of Two-Part Mix

I need to repair and refinish a few small sections of my floor which was finished with Bona Traffic HD (and Bona AmberSeal). I'm wondering if I can mix only a portion of the two-part A and B finish and catalyst instead of mixing the full bottles and wasting most of the product on this small job?

Obviously, Bona Traffic uses a catalyst and so if I mix the full bottles any unused product will expire after a few hours. I'm wondering what the shelf life will be (if any) for the portions of the bottles that I don't use once they are opened? Will they last a year or more? Should I remove as much air as possible for storage?

Thanks!

You can absolutely mix in it small portions, and the unmixed parts will keep for a Long time. Just measure carefully. I can't say how long, but I keep some Naturale for different things, and have kept the DTHD for several years. The last time I looked, it was still fluid.

They will absolutely last longer than a year. I shoot a little argon in the small bottles of catalyst, and put the rest in smaller containers. I did it as a precaution, and can't tell you whether it matters, or not.

Yes. I've kept it for at least a year with no special precautions. Suggest weighing the components when mixing small batches to keep the ratios accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    You can absolutely mix in it small portions, and the unmixed parts will keep for a Long time. Just measure carefully. I can't say how long, but I keep some Naturale for different things, and have kept the DTHD for several years. The last time I looked, it was still fluid.

They will absolutely last longer than a year. I shoot a little argon in the small bottles of catalyst, and put the rest in smaller containers. I did it as a precaution, and can't tell you whether it matters, or not.

Thanks, All. This is great advice and great to hear!

I was out in that shop last night. The last time I used any on a floor was 2014. The remains are still liquid, and I've used small amounts several times since then.

Just because it's still liquid doesn't mean it's still good. It may not activate and just stay a gooey mess. Test it.

I would before I use it, but too much else on the to-do list to just test for grins.