Thread: Shop Lighting?

Shop Lighting?

I’m seeing far more of those deformable lights popping up in stores. Has anybody had any experience with those, versus standard 4’ LED shop lights?

Blog Entries
    Deformable?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pratt View Post
    Deformable?
    It’s what they’re calling the new LED lights that have a standard Bulb Base, but LED panels that you adjust.

They replace a light bulb, but have LED arrays on panels.

For a workshop space, you want "big light distribution", so strips/panels have been the go-to for that. I'd be cautious about how even you can get the light to spread from the type of lamps you are asking about. I will say that the round panels I just used to replace some halogen can lights in our pantry are unbelievable and I have seen them used effectively in ceiling applications for general lighting. Calculating how many are necessary and the best spacing will be the the key for a shop space. The 6" versions are "very bright".
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'm working on a shop light design now for my garage workshop. I reached out to American Green Lights because I had seen several YouTube folks install these lights. I was astounded at the attention and help I received from Jim Uno. These lights are not inexpensive, but I believe they would be a worthy investment. I'm almost 62, and I need more light than a younger person. These lights show color accurately (indicated by a high CRI or color rendering index). Good luck in this process.

Blog Entries
    The larger area the light source, the less glare & shadowing there will be. Linear or flat panel fixtures will give you a much nicer lighting experience.

I have one in the garage, 2 in one part of the basement, and installed two in a garage at work. Definitely better than an incandescent lamp even 300 watt
    If starting from scratch not certain which way i would go between keyless porcelain with these or 4' strip led
    I think ether one would be a good choice as long as you spaced them out properly based on the lumens output of each fixture
    Ron