Thread: Holy Cow.....have not been around here in ages! Question....

Blog Entries

Holy Cow.....have not been around here in ages! Question....

....Guys, I have someone who's wife had won this set of corn hole boards. He wants me to put pictures on the boards and then apply a heavy finish on them to protect the pictures from being worn away from the game play. Have never done anything like this and right away I see a few problems. I would think it obvious that simply printing the pictures out on the printer onto normal paper will not work as I would think that the paper would soak up whatever finish that would be applied and ruin the composition of the printed out photo. Alternatively, if an actual photo is used, I would think that the composition of any finish that would likely be used would clash with the chemical make up of the photo and somehow ruin that. Does anyone have any experience with this procedure and have any tips that I could use for a successful project? Would sincerely appreciate it. Would the two part epoxy finishes so popular today with the river tables be a possible solution?

Fred
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

I’d put a piece of plexiglass on top of it and call it good.

Normally, I'd suggestion using ModPodge to adhere them and then multiple exterior clear coats to seal and protect, but given the application I'll agree that laminating a 1/8" sheet of clear Lexan (preferred) or plexiglass over the board is one method. The other is to coat the boards with a resin pour, such as from Total Boat, System-3, etc.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Put the pictures into a collage, using photoshop or AI. Then send the file to someone with a wide format printer. (There are many on Etsy) Have the print laminated and you should be good to go.
    Some Blue Tools
    Some Yellow Tools
    A Grizzly Collection
    ShapeokoXL
    Blue and White 50 Watt