Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Drum Sander

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Riseborough View Post
    I could live with cosmetic damage, but this was major damage to the drive belt assembly. 2500$ mistake for HD.
    Ouch! Sorry that happened. The Home Depot around here are very good with processing returns and other problems. The additional delay sure hurts sometimes though.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Ouch! Sorry that happened. The Home Depot around here are very good with processing returns and other problems. The additional delay sure hurts sometimes though.

Yea, they are going to pick it up. Next one, I will unpack at the store.

I had the same problem with them when I ordered insulated garage doors. I made sure to have them shipped to the store, instead of my house (which was free). I looked at them at the store and they were bent up. They offered me a significant discount; however, my buddy said there was no way to fix them (he used to install them). I got my money back. Costco installed & now the shop stays toasty when the 220v heater is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Selzer View Post
    would like to try a stroke sander sometime, always thought I would have plenty of use for one. Of course it is just one more tool that there is no room in the existing shop for
    Ron

I have Mini Max L55 it come with folding table to save space when not in use. Way better and faster then drum sander.
    Jaromir

Quote Originally Posted by Jaromir Svoboda View Post
    I have Mini Max L55 it come with folding table to save space when not in use. Way better and faster then drum sander.
    I sold (or should say “took orders for”) a couple of stroke sanders a year during my Italian days. Never for woodworking. Always to metal fabrication shops. More specifically, for sanding welded steel boxes and kitchen sinks.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep