Thread: Grizzly g0771z table saw troubleshooting

Grizzly g0771z table saw troubleshooting

Hello,
    Wondering if anyone with this saw would be willing to share a detailed photo to help me with some troubleshooting. I'm working with Grizzly via email, but they are really slow to respond because they're slammed with requests.

I noticed that I can see a little blade movement when I change from raising to lowering the blade. This movement throws off the blade alignment to the table. I think others have encountered similar issues. I investigated and found what appears to be an area of the trunnion that is milled intentionally to be a friction point, and on my saw there is a gap between the two pieces. When I raise and then change direction, I can see movement in this gap. Grizzly support suggested that the motor may not be drawn in tight enough on the pivot pin. That appears to be tight. However, there is a small gap in this area due to what appears to be a washer on the back side of the belt tension adjustment bolt. The parts diagram does not show this washer, so I'm wondering if it's a mistake. Removing this would move the motor assembly closer to the main trunnion and possibly eliminate the gap.

My pics included here. I circled the gap and the washer. Hoping someone with this saw might be willing to help me compare notes.

Update: I tested removing the washer and it does in fact eliminate the gap and make the trunnion pieces touch. However there is still a gap on the front side so the problem does not go away.

Does anyone know if those pieces are supposed to be touching when the blade raises and lowers?

saw_trunion - Copy.jpg

InkedIMG_5112_LI.jpg

Who hammered on the casting in picture two? Maybe need a washer on both sides to fill gap or a thicker washer. I do not understand the motion so maybe a plastic washer so it can move easily.
    Bil lD