Thread: Need Help with Dust Extraction on Dewalt DW625 Router

Need Help with Dust Extraction on Dewalt DW625 Router

Hey everyone, so I've got dust extraction nailed down at the router table, but I'd like to be able to use my Dewalt DW625 handheld for flattening slabs, dovetails, etc without making a complete mess. I don't see any options from Dewalt unless I'm missing something.

The only thing I see is this one on eBay which ships from the UK. Does anyone have any experience with dust collection on a DW625?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DeWalt-Spar...-/123602331038

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Is there some reason you couldn't make this yourself? Don't worry about looks. It just needs to SUCK! Beterly used make some dust collecting bases for routers. As for flattening slabs, look at Wood magazines flattening sled. It includes DC.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 01-16-2021 at 8:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Is there some reason you couldn't make this yourself? Don't worry about looks. It just needs to SUCK! Beterly used make some dust collecting bases for routers. As for flattening slabs, look at Wood magazines flattening sled. It includes DC.
    Bingo. I think your problem is looking for a DeWalt solution as opposed to an add-on. For hand held router collection the method and attachment will vary with the type of cut. I use Oneida's above and below, Rockler's below, the stock Milwaukee and stock Bosch above. Each has their place depending on the cut type (edge profile. edge flush, dado, etc.) and the bit used. The Milwaukee above collector doesn't work well with bits above about 1" diameter. This is generally no problem because we run smaller bits when hand held. I use the Onieda for bowl bits with good success. With the exception of the Milwaukee these attach to a replacement base or a template collar fixture.

Onieda router dc.JPGMil DC.JPGMedia Cabinet (59).jpg
    Last edited by glenn bradley; 01-16-2021 at 9:14 PM.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Thanks I'll look into the Wood magazine sled. I can probably build one, but I'd love to just find something quick and easy to buy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    Bingo. I think your problem is looking for a DeWalt solution as opposed to an add-on. For hand held router collection the method and attachment will vary with the type of cut. I use Oneida's above and below, Rockler's below, the stock Milwaukee and stock Bosch above. Each has their place depending on the cut type (edge profile. edge flush, dado, etc.) and the bit used. The Milwaukee above collector doesn't work well with bits above about 1" diameter. This is generally no problem because we run smaller bits when hand held. I use the Onieda for bowl bits with good success. With the exception of the Milwaukee these attach to a replacement base or a template collar fixture.

Onieda router dc.JPGMil DC.JPGMedia Cabinet (59).jpg
    Great, thanks for the info. I'll look into each of those options. It looks like the Oneida one has pretty good reviews. I might try to rig up a dual 4" jig for the slab flattening with bristles. Kind of like the ones I've seen on CNC machines and see how that goes.