Thread: Jet 14sfx wheel removal

Jet 14sfx wheel removal

Does anyone own this bandsaw? If so, does anyone know how to remove the bottom wheel? I’m trying to put new tires on the wheels, but I can’t figure out how to get the lower wheel off. I’ve looked everywhere online, but nowhere have I found someone who discusses removing the bottom wheel nor instructions from Jet about how to remove the bottom wheel. I’ve found tons of info about many other Jet models, but from my experience since buying it, it’s made completely different from all their other bandsaws. Hell, it took me 2 months and 5 different orders before finding an insert that fit the table. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I would think you can put on tires without taking off the wheel.

I didn’t even think about replacing the tire without taking the wheel off, I think that’s what I’m going to do. Not only will it save me some time, it eliminates any chances of messing something else up during the process. Thank you!

Good luck. I have this saw but I don't think I need new tires. I haven't used it a lot but I do like it.

Yea, I haven’t had mine very long either, but I was cutting some duck call blanks and some epoxy in the middle wasn’t fully cured, so it gummed up my blade and tires. I love the saw though!