Thread: Changing Dust Collector Bag

Changing Dust Collector Bag

I have a Delta 1 1/2 HP dust collector with a Thien separator. Changing the dust collection bag is a pain. I recall other set-up options but can't find them. What do you have for suggestions to replace the bag or simplify this?

Please post pictures.

I use magnets to hold the bag then put the ring on

It is usually a pretty messy job for me. My collector has clips around the perimeter which hold the bag in place while strapping. Magnets, as Jerome suggested, would work and I assume pretty good sized ones would be needed to keep the replacement bag in place and not get knocked off by the band and movement of the bag with adjustments.
    Rustic? Well, no. That was not my intention!

Is there a set-up to replace the bag? I seem to recall seeing like someone install a clear tube to a receptacle below.

Blog Entries
    I use blue tape to hold the bag in place and put the strapping over the tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas L Carpenter View Post
    I use blue tape to hold the bag in place and put the strapping over the tape.
    I use the universal solution - duct tape. I usually empty the clear bag into a trash bag when it gets half full. I find half full easier to get out between the supports than a full bag.

8. I believe the OP is not asking for an easier way to change the bag but an alternative to the bag altogether. A quick search turned up this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ArT2ijAnus

Quote Originally Posted by BOB OLINGER View Post
    I have a Delta 1 1/2 HP dust collector with a Thien separator. Changing the dust collection bag is a pain. I recall other set-up options but can't find them. What do you have for suggestions to replace the bag or simplify this?

Watch Stumpy Nubs video titled "How a bucket and a donut changed my dust collector." It's a fairly new video. Watched it last night and will be using it in TFT workshop this fall. In the shop, I have a cyclone with metal trash can for bin.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 01-17-2021 at 9:54 PM.