Thread: Anyonne worked with Elite Tools (Canada)?

Anyonne worked with Elite Tools (Canada)?

I placed an order with them for a bench grinder; it's been 3 days now, none of my emails asking for shipping information, messages to the site or phone calls have been returned.
    I have the order confirmation and the PayPal receipt, but nothing else.
    Has anyone else had these problems? I don't mind going to PayPal for some dispute resolution, but perhaps some other Canadian users can give me some feedback.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

It may be because they are under Complete Lockdown in Quebec ..
    Québec will be under confinement from January 9 to February 8, 2021. A curfew from 8p.m. to 5a.m. and other specific measures will apply during this period. To find out about the measures, please visit the

Con Québec and introduction m
    Last edited by Robyn Horton; 01-15-2021 at 6:22 PM.

I have dealt with Elite Tools many times over the past several years...bought shaper cutters, planer knives, King Industrial cabinet saw, all shipped to my home in Nova Scotia, with no issues. As Robyn said, it could very well be due to the lockdown in effect.

I ordered a mobile base in the fall and never heard a thing for a week. I called and the person I talked to was very apologetic as it was not in stock as indicated. They refunded me right away. The Covid restrictions are playing havoc with their business but they were very decent to deal with. I don’t think they have a large staff so they are stretched to the limit. I wouldn’t panic based on my experience. I would try them agin in the future.

Thank you all.
    Whether it was my phone call just before the posting, or someone actually looks here, within an hour I got an email telling me my item was shipped.
    Here on the left coast people work/answer phones/email from home while social distancing. I forgot there’s an entire separate culture east of Manitoba.
    Young enough to remember doing it;
    Old enough to wish I could do it again.

Blog Entries
    I've bought from them a couple of times. Service was good & delivery prompt. Quebec has never gotten a good handle on Covid & they're really struggling now.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Rosenthal View Post
    Thank you all.
    Whether it was my phone call just before the posting, or someone actually looks here, within an hour I got an email telling me my item was shipped.
    Here on the left coast people work/answer phones/email from home while social distancing. I forgot there’s an entire separate culture east of Manitoba.
    There’s lots of folks working from home everywhere. Not every small business has been able to adapt easily or smoothly. As mentioned, Quebec is reeling from the large numbers of covid infections.
    I’m glad your stuff got shipped!