Thread: Shop Project: Table Saw Extension Cabinet

Shop Project: Table Saw Extension Cabinet

Wasn't sure where to put this. Projects forum seems to be fancy furniture. Move or delete if needed.

Finished this up a couple days ago. Always put drawer fronts on after it's in it's final resting place!

Birch carcass, Baltic Birch drawers and drawer fronts. Their is a walnut strip covering the ply edges on the top and bottom (helps to match the rest of the shop). The drawers on the right were repurposed from my Miter Saw cabinets, where one section was being changed to a door and shelf. Just had to cut a couple down to fit the height. I have neoprene washers between the blades that won't nest and between the blade and the wood drawer. Have no idea what to put in it all yet.

Rough Dims are 41"W x 26"D x 24"H.

Photo Jan 13, 2 18 52 PM.jpg Photo Jan 13, 2 18 59 PM.jpg Photo Jan 13, 2 12 13 PM.jpg Photo Jan 13, 2 15 31 PM.jpg
    Last edited by Jim Fox; 01-15-2021 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Messed up images somehow
    If over thinking was an Olympic event, I'd win Gold every time!

I really like your blade storage drawers. Especially the finger cutout. I've been thinking of doing the same thing but thought of using standoffs under the blades. Your idea keeps the drawer depth very shallow.

Is the drawer just a piece of 3/4" ply or did you build it up with another layer?

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Billups View Post
    Is the drawer just a piece of 3/4" ply or did you build it up with another layer?
    Thanks! I saw several with vertical storage, but I just didn't like that concept.

They are 3/4" + 1/2". Took a 5/8" dowel and sanded it down and bit. Figured 1/2" dowel would be to sloppy, but it probably doesn't really matter.

Very, very nice, Jim. Puts mine to shame.

What are you using for spacers for between the table saw blades?
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lightstone View Post
    What are you using for spacers for between the table saw blades?
    Thank you!

I am using Neoprene Washers.......LINKY ( I bought them individually at HD)

If I made something that beautiful, I'd keep it in the living room.