Thread: Newbie Here Question about Donations

Question Newbie Here Question about Donations

NEVER MIND THE DONATION LET ME INSTANTLY VIEW PICS I am sure this won't be my last newbie questions
    Last edited by Raye Boals; 01-14-2021 at 12:25 PM.

Donations fund the operation of the forum, if viewing the pics isn't worth $6 a year, don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye Boals View Post
    NEVER MIND THE DONATION LET ME INSTANTLY VIEW PICS I am sure this won't be my last newbie questions
    My apologies. I misinterpreted your post.
    Last edited by Brian Elfert; 01-14-2021 at 4:58 PM.

6 dollars<lifetime of regret.

Guys,

I think there is a misunderstanding going on here... .

I'm guessing Raye's initial post was that he wanted to know how to the view the pictures. He found out that by being a contributor he would gain access. He then became a contributor (after 1 post!) and edited his initial post (in caps) to show his initial question had been answered. I see zero complaints in his posting about becoming a contributor.

Welcome to the Creek, Raye!! People have gotten testy given what's gone on the in world the past year. It is really a great place to visit and participate.
    "Don't worry. They couldn't possibly hit us from that dist...."

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Elfert View Post
    Really, do you think typing your demand in all caps is going to get the forum owner to drop the donation requirement to view pictures? Of course, the whole point of requiring a donation to view pictures is to get users to donate.
    Brian I believe Raye was saying that he donated and then he was able to see the pictures. I think it should have been written as NEVER MIND, THE DONATION LET ME INSTANTLY VIEW PICS
    the key being the comma. Its crazy how punctuation can change the meaning so easily.
    "The key to a long life is when you start to die, don't"

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden Pettengill View Post
    Brian I believe Raye was saying that he donated and then he was able to see the pictures. I think it should have been written as NEVER MIND, THE DONATION LET ME INSTANTLY VIEW PICS
    the key being the comma. Its crazy how punctuation can change the meaning so easily.
    You mean like this?
    Raye, sorry if I misunderstood your OP , welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the Creek Raye! I had the same initial negative interpretation of your post that a few did. The moral of the story is that you shouldn't edit previous posts, or if you do, please leave the initial context intact.

Thanks!
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Tymchak View Post
    Welcome to the Creek Raye! I had the same initial negative interpretation of your post that a few did. The moral of the story is that you shouldn't edit previous posts, or if you do, please leave the initial context intact.

Thanks!
    Or maybe use punctuation? In all seriousness, welcome!
    "The key to a long life is when you start to die, don't"

Raye, welcome to SMC!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Your account status here is updated as fast as PayPal completes the processing and transmits the results to our software. There is frequently some lag time as the PayPal servers can be a very busy. It's also possible that our vBulletin software can be slow on rare occasions but I don't have any means to acquire the transfer time.