Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Jigsaws out there with a quick shutoff brake?

Erez, be sure you're using a quality blade with a tooth configuration appropriate for the job and make sure any blade guides are adjusted properly...your cuts should be just fine for that, staying just away from the line and then cleaning it up with files. You may want to rig up a good fixture to securely hold and support the workpiece. I'll assume you're cutting the slots prior to shaping the back of the neck which will make securing things a lot easier! You want that workpiece secured down tight for such a delicate cut in what is often expensive material.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Follow up after you use the Makita and let us know how it meets your needs
    thanks
    Ron

Just received the Makita cordless jigsaw. Its what you would expect if you know the makita cordless tools, pretty well designed and mechanically works very well. Nothing 'cast', but for my purposes it is exactly what I need since it stops instantly when you let go of the trigger.
    The quality test on any tool will be time and for that I can't write so soon. But I do have a few Makita tools (cordless and corded) and they haven't disappointed..
    Surprisingly, I was just looking where it was made, expecting China or Japan, but its made in the UK!?!? didn't expect that

I also have a "vintage" Makita 18v jigsaw that's on its third battery. The oscillation setting controls blade bounce a little, but cut quality is almost entirely down to the blades. I use Bosch T101 series.

For any precision, a miter box and pull saw get my best results. Being slower, I can avoid overcutting.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/bos...101bf-29427-p/

Glad it turned out to be exactly what you wanted. Was not aware that any jigsaw stop instantly
    ron

Quote Originally Posted by Erez Perelman View Post
    Just received the Makita cordless jigsaw. Its what you would expect if you know the makita cordless tools, pretty well designed and mechanically works very well. Nothing 'cast', but for my purposes it is exactly what I need since it stops instantly when you let go of the trigger.
    The quality test on any tool will be time and for that I can't write so soon. But I do have a few Makita tools (cordless and corded) and they haven't disappointed..
    Surprisingly, I was just looking where it was made, expecting China or Japan, but its made in the UK!?!? didn't expect that