Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moxon storage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Jones 5443 View Post
    The pencil holder is my favorite shop accessory. My son made it in middle school. It is now the one tool I have not found a place for off the bench.
    That's good- it belongs on the bench! How old is your son now? Grown up? I have a few fun mementos from when my kids were little- both in their 40's now.

So I assume the legs are hinged at the back and move with the bench?

You could put handles on the front and do a few 200 lb curls to start your day.

Dave, you have me confused with someone else. Hulk, maybe?

My boy is 26: all growed up.

The legs are on locking hinges at their tops, at the front of the bench. After raising and tying off the bench I release the leg hinges so they can hang down. Before lowering it again I lock the legs open.

The bench is very stout for pounding, sawing, planing —whatever, because it’s essentially bolted to the wall (or, the ledger board is). This saved me from needing to make a heavy base to prevent movement. The legs are simply four 2x3 poplar sticks. They’re fine since they only bear downward force.

Sometimes I wish I could use all four sides of the bench. But I don’t really have room for that anyway, so it’s a fleeting impulse. Mostly I just enjoy how useful the setup is.

Well, you don't become the Hulk until after you do the curls.

I love seeing garage shops. Multi use spaces are awesome.