Thread: Vacuum hoses for power tools

Vacuum hoses for power tools

Where do you all get hoses and adapters to hook your tools up to your DC or shop vac? I'm trying to find hookups for my sliding miter saw and orbital sanders. Lowes, HD and Menards didn't have much.
    Thanks.

Nothing is standard, search the internet. Rockler, Powertec, Lee Valley, Peachtree Woodworking, Grizzly, others. Make them out of PVC. You can make jigs on a table saw to reduce PVC diameter (check youtube), Melt PVC with a heat gun to stretch it. Tape up fittings that are too small to fit.

Call your congressman and ask for a bill to standardize dust fittings.

You could try the local approach.
    Google: hose shops near me.
    As far as the fitting the hose places may have them, or try a hvac / mechanical contractor. A lot of the ones I deal with can make them for you and reasonably priced.

Blog Entries
    Between Lee Valley & HD, I haven't had a problem getting the hose adapters I need. If I can't find a connector for a tool, I get creative with a heat gun & some PVC or ABS pipe.

I would use wire reinforced hoses for all hookups and metal gates. Grizzly has a bunch of stuff, but don't know how they are priced.
    Brian

When I had a detached shop I bought a small blue cheap vacuum for the cars, it was really loud and I kept throwing it in the trash and my wife kept getting it out. It sat around and we even brought it to the next house. One day I looked at the hose and found that it fit my SCMS perfectly and the other end fit tight inside the larger shop vac. It even fits my ROS. Measure what you need with calipers and go to a vacuum repair shop. Might get lucky.