Thread: Dust Collection for Dewalt 611 Router

Dust Collection for Dewalt 611 Router

Does any one have the Dewalt dust collection adapters for the 611 both the fixed base and the plunge base? How do they work, are they cumbersome when routing?

Links to both on Amazon below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I have the fixed base one and never use it. I find the screws awkward to tighten.

More importantly, I often use the fixed base router one handed and the hose makes it very tippy.

Last, I found that it impedes my visibility. I like this for detail work and mortises and small edge relief. All these things value visibility way over dust collection for me.
    Last edited by Prashun Patel; 01-11-2021 at 3:51 PM.

Everything Prashun said, but I do use it (when I use the router. Which is as little as possible.) It's mostly the hose that is annoying, the other annoyances pale in comparison to that. But it does capture a lot of the chips, so there is a trade off.

thanks for your input. You both are telling me what I thought the case was.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I have both bases and find that the dust collection works better and is (usually) less cumbersome with the plunge base. I’m usually moving around less overall when doing plunge operations so I’m sure that has a bit to do with it, but I don’t find that the fixed base collects dust very well at all and don’t even typically hook it up to a vac.
    Still waters run deep.

While my compact router is makita, it's got the same type of dust collection adapters and I tend to use them as they pull the dust away from the router bit and I can see better, and breath better. Yes the hose is annoying and the adapter sometimes gets in the way but I find it useful enough to deal with it.