Thread: One tool from Woodpeckers ($100 gift card)

One tool from Woodpeckers ($100 gift card)

My wife got me a gift card to woodpeckers. If you could put $100 to woodpeckers what would you choose? I don't own any of their items but the seem nice. Im thinking mostly layout type items.
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!"

12" square. Costs about your hundred on sale. Full price will take some extra bucks. I also recommend the devile square, really handy and cheaper than your 100.

My two cents....

* Their squares are very nice. I have a 641 and it's a nice tool.
    * They sell something called a Delve Square. Many love those. Nothing wrong with that. (I did just buy a Milwaukee Rafter Square that is similar (but not 100% the same) for a lot less money.) Depends on what you like/need/want.
    * Their hook rules look interesting. A little pricey but that's just WP.

* Personally, I'd stay away from what they call their "woodworking rules". I have 2 of them and they are so wide and heavy I seldom use them.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    * Personally, I'd stay away from what they call their "woodworking rules". I have 2 of them and they are so wide and heavy I seldom use them.
    My one complaint about their rules. I don’t have a problem with the longer ones, but the 12 and 6” are same width (around 2 1/4”) and man they are just cumbersome to use. The heft is nice on the longer ones though, in my opinion.

Another vote for their 12 inch square. The big framing square is very nice also but that has gone up in price since it first came out years ago.