Thread: Fuji Q5 Speed Control

Fuji Q5 Speed Control

Can anyone who has used the Fuji Q5 comment on the effectiveness of the speed control feature for fine tuning the gun. Since all of the Fuji systems have a measure of air pressure/flow control by virtue of the manual valve on the hose, I'm wondering if the additional turbine speed control feature only found on the Q5 is significantly better to justify the considerably higher price. I realize that there are other factors that contribute to the higher price of the Q5 such as the 5 stage turbine and quiet operation, but am asking specifically about the effectiveness of the unique speed control in controlling air to the gun for optimum fluid transfer.

Great question. I own the Q5 and never touched the speed control. I can spray latex paint without any issue. Significant improvement over my Q5. Next time I spray, I’ll play arithmetic the knob.

I run mine at 75% to full power for most finishes. Like Dave said,, I don't mess with it much. I just was spraying Target Coatings EM8000CV at full power last week. I honestly don't mess with it much as the Fuji has plenty of power and I just make adjustments at the spray gun. I bought the Q5 for the power to be able to spray painted cabinets if needed. Not sure what finishes I would want to reduce the power at the turbine to spray.

A reputation for craftsmanship is a responsibility
    to never take lightly.