Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st Rust Hunt of the year, for me..

At least I am back home.....4 days to get things fixed up. BP Meds vs Bloodthinner Meds.....one of the 2 caused a small bleeder to happen.....similar to a small stroke.....they changed the meds a bit...way too many scans.....now I get to go see a few more Doctors......and a few more tests....doing better than I was last Friday...

Just a few of that Type 19 Stanley No. 5 jack plane ( $20 + tax, no shipping required)
    Stanley #5,T-19. rehabbed, side.JPG
    Stanley #5,T-19, rehab front.JPG
    Stanley #5,T-19, rehab sole.JPG
    Which means I have TWO such planes...
    Stanley #5,T-19, twins, rear.JPG
    Only difference being in the way the irons are sharpened..
    Stanley #5,T-19, camber vs straight edge.JPG
    Older version has a bit of camber...latest one does not. Instead of changing the iron...I can just change the entire plane....
    Stanley #5,T-19, twins,side.JPG
    May have to label which one is which?

On the Continental Divide somewhere in Montana
    Quote Originally Posted by steven c newman View Post
    At least I am back home.....4 days to get things fixed up. BP Meds vs Bloodthinner Meds.....one of the 2 caused a small bleeder to happen.....similar to a small stroke.....they changed the meds a bit...way too many scans.....now I get to go see a few more Doctors......and a few more tests....doing better than I was last Friday...
    Hang in there! Hope that you get things stabilized. I missed reading your posts, but never would have guessed that you were taking a ”vacation" at the hospital. One day at a time - for the next 20 years. Best wishes.

Get well soon
    One day this virus crap will settle down and I want to meet up and go tool hunting with you
    Ron

That Stanley 45 is either a Type 3, or, a Type 4.....anyway...have it cleaned up, and a new spur to replace the worn out one. Also installed a 3/4" cutter....
    Stanley 45, t-4, left side.JPG
    And from the other side..
    Stanley 45, t-4, right side.JPG
    A view from the top...
    Stanley 45,t-4, top side view.JPG
    Bolts and wingnuts are brass. Cutter is a No.18, from the set that came with my Type 20.
    Stanley 45, t-4, dado work.JPG
    Cutter was a tad too deep, and needs a sharpening....
    Stanley 45,t-4, slitter.JPG
    Borrowed the slitter from the T-20. And, I think that is the spur I replaced? Old one was just barely poking out through the bottom of the skate....and very dull. Also sharpened both spurs.
    Stanley 45 depth stop.JPG
    Using this as the depth stop...until a better one shows up. Had to clean it back the shiny metal, too.

So.....maybe start to build a box/case to store this plane in? have bought a 6pc stack of 1/2" x 6" x 24" Pine ( made in New Zealand, BTW)boards....will see what sort of box I can make....

May try a couple planks later today...
    Combo Plane Case, lumber supply.JPG
    Might start a "Build-along" thread about it. Might even USE the newest Combo plane to help it along.

Stay tuned....( thinking hand chopped box joints.....)

Might wait a few weeks...until the weather turns more "Spring-like" , before the next Rust Hunt goes down.....may have to get things better organized, first....so I know what all I'll need to look for...

Another good day, Steve.....Rust hunts are always interesting pursuing the unknown.
    Jerry