Thread: Titebond 2 Extend

Titebond 2 Extend

I started out using Titebond 1. When 2 and then 3 came out I kept switching to the newer one as my go to glue. I just lived with the creep from TB 3. Recently I had a glue up that took a little more time than usual. I bought a bottle of TB 2 Extend. Now that is good glue. No creep! Longer assembly time. Although I may use three sometimes for it’s water resistance TB 2 Extend is now my go to.
    Charlie Jones

I don't like the way the solids settle out of TB ll Extend. I keep TB l Extend on the shelf for moderate open time and creep resistance. For longer working time I use epoxy.

Charlie, I recently noted creep from Titebond 3 and many others have. But in a recent thread some have not had creep
    with T3.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Jenness View Post
    I don't like the way the solids settle out of TB ll Extend. I keep TB l Extend on the shelf for moderate open time and creep resistance. For longer working time I use epoxy.
    Someone mentioned recently to shake it. I did and it seemed to thicken up. I will have to try the TB 1 extend.
    Charlie Jones

" But in a recent thread some have not had creep
    with T3."

Make a puddle of TBl, TBlll and TBl Extend on a waxed surface and let them cure. Pop them free and flex them with your fingers. The relative creep resistance will be obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Jones View Post
    Someone mentioned recently to shake it. I did and it seemed to thicken up. I will have to try the TB 1 extend.
    TB1 extend is news to me. I've used TB II extend in the past, it worked okay but it's not easy to find around here. Woodcraft or online are the only options I see.

Klingspor Woodworking Shop carries The entire Titebond line in their shop and online.
    Charlie Jones

And Klingspore is where I have to get it shipped from every time that I need more, since there is no place near me that stocks it. For box joints I am now always using Titebond II Extend. I use a lot of Titebond II and can get that locally very easily. Extend requires a mail order.

Charley