Thread: Source for figured walnut.

Source for figured walnut.

I’m looking for an internet source for figured walnut. Would anyone have a source? Not looking for eBay or Etsy.

Thanks. Neil

Blog Entries
    This isn't an "internet source" and is local for me. But they may ship it out for you.

https://www.jeffrieswoodworks.com/

I just finished a stair newel and handrail project using some very nice figured walnut from Jefferies.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Arnsdorff View Post
    https://www.jeffrieswoodworks.com/
    I just finished a stair newel and handrail project using some very nice figured walnut from Jefferies.
    Jefferies is fairly high on some wood but at times they do get some very nice stuff. I got some quilted maple once and the last trip some nice figured 8/4 sapele. The plank on the left is 14" wide, the other about 10" - I plan to use them for woodturning.

sapele_figured.jpg

Other times I can't find much with figure. They get new wood in all the time so some is luck I guess. I'm still looking for more maple like this. Eric, if you ever see any like that let me know!!

penta_maple_ellis_c_IMG_5435.jpg

JKJ

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Gaskin View Post
    I’m looking for an internet source for figured walnut. Would anyone have a source? Not looking for eBay or Etsy.

Thanks. Neil
    Neil, what sizes and quantities are you looking for?

JKJ

I’d have to check the drawing I made but from memory roughly 36” long by 7-8” wide. Need 4-5 pieces. Using for drawer faces for a desk I’m making my wife.

I’d have to check the drawing I made but from memory roughly 36” long by 7-8” wide. Need 4-5 pieces. Using for drawer faces for a desk I’m making my wife.

Of the places Ed mentioned above I am a satisfied customer of both goby and cook. I have no idea how much shipping would be on what the OP is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Gaskin View Post
    If you don't find enough that suits you or matches up well, you might consider buying figured veneer or resawing a figured board in to thin veneer-link pieces. You could bookmatch pieces on the drawer fronts for a stunning look.