Thread: A new, to me, Craigs list used car scam

A new, to me, Craigs list used car scam

Checking out the price of a newer truck I came onto this scam. BobsLot.com. Price is definitely on the low side but not a crazy deal. No vin number listed. No phone number or street address.
    So i google it to the homepage. Same deal no phone number, no physical address and most interesting no way to email. But it is a nice looking full color webpage. It shows 5-10 cars and trucks for sale with no prices. no vin numbers but what sound like accurate descriptions of engines etc. No links that work
    They have a header with 4-6 types of vehicles for sale. If you click on any one of those search terms it takes you to cars.com
    Internet chatter is not sure if it is a scam or not. As near as I can tell it is not a scam where you lose money. It is just a fake webpage that drives folks to click onto car.com and they probably get paid a few cents per click. I suppose the cars.com page could also be a fake and they are trying to get your information by filling out a form. But it seems they would have done that on the first page.
    Bill D
    I read there are other similar scams with different first names like mikeslot and peteslot.

Craig’s list is full of scams in the used boat market. I haven’t looked at cars lately but suspect it is. I got burned on a used car there and won’t buy any more there.

Every car you are able to click on is sold. If you click on Car parts at the bottom, it takes you to Amazon searched for Car Parts.
    I wonder if it's a website setup for used car dealers to use. Auction cars, repos. They show what they have, contact is made by forums.
    Or, there is a magic pixel on the page that takes you to a secret society site. Hmmmmmm.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

How about that True Car site that shows you what you should pay. The site is owned by the dealers.

Theres all kinds of scams out there for info collecting. The internet ones " get your absolutely 100% Free gizmo" just pay SXH and it yours free, fill out this form.. Full Name.. full shipping address, Tel Phone # mobile # and email address, then they tell you SXH is $29.95 for something that really costs $2.95 to ship.and people wonder were all this junk mail snail and email comes from.
    It just boggles my mind how many gullible people there are out there that fall for this crap.and now we wonder why this country of ours is circling the drain.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander