Thread: Oak in Oregon

Oak in Oregon

This may not be the place for this but does anyone know of a source for oak in southwestern Oregon? We have a new grand baby coming and I want to a dresser and convertible crib.

Your profile says you're in San Diego, but you're looking for oak in Oregon. Does that mean you're particularly looking for oak which grew in Oregon? Do you care whether it is red oak or white oak? Oregon has California Black Oak, which is a red oak, and it has Oregon White Oak.
    Last edited by Jamie Buxton; 01-09-2021 at 12:33 AM.

sorry, hadn't updated my profile in a loooonnnngggg time. Retired and moved to Oregon about 5 years ago. I have updated my profile :-)

Yeah, that's what i'm looking for. A sawyer or someone with a small mill that has a stack of wood they want to sell. Hopefully in the area between Eugene and Grants Pass. Is there a listing somewhere here on the sawmillcreek?

Craigslist has listings for oak in your area. Per the forum rules, I can't post a link. But I see rough 6/4 Oregon white oak in Elmira for $2.50 per bdft, clear Black Oak in Glide for $3 per bdft, and others.