Thread: 50mm blade guard dust collection adapter

50mm blade guard dust collection adapter

I recently received my Hammer K3 and am trying to figure out the best approach for connecting a 2.5 inch dust hose to the 50mm blade guard port. I contacted Hammer/Felder support and they said they don't make any couplings that convert metric to inches. On the main dust port I found a rubber coupling at home depot, but haven't been as lucky with the blade guard. I've surprisingly had a hard time finding a 50mm to 2.5 inch reducer in any of my searches online as well. Does anyone have a link to one they know fits? I know it's out there and probably easy to find, but for whatever reason I'm not searching right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Marusic View Post
    I recently received my Hammer K3 and am trying to figure out the best approach for connecting a 2.5 inch dust hose to the 50mm blade guard port. I contacted Hammer/Felder support and they said they don't make any couplings that convert metric to inches. On the main dust port I found a rubber coupling at home depot, but haven't been as lucky with the blade guard. I've surprisingly had a hard time finding a 50mm to 2.5 inch reducer in any of my searches online as well. Does anyone have a link to one they know fits? I know it's out there and probably easy to find, but for whatever reason I'm not searching right.
    I use a ShopVac to pull from the guard on my K3, although admittedly it doesn't do that great of a job. I think that's more due to the design of the guard than the power of the vacuum, since with my previous contractor-style saw I had rigged up SawStop's guard with the same vacuum and that performed better. (And while I have rigged up that same guard to the K3 riving knife, the design of the guard doesn't work well on a slider, generally speaking). Anyway, a standard "2.5 inch" ShopVac hose fits perfectly over the port on the K3's guard, so perhaps you can find an adapter that goes from your DC line to one of those.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

50mm is 2"...actually just a proverbial hair under it. You should be able to make up something from commonly available plumbing parts I would think, but perhaps I'm wrong about that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

How about this :
    https://www.festoolusa.com/accessory...5m-as#Overview

I can measure the adapter next week when I get home to verify , if someone else doesn’t chime in.

F8390BC0-8D56-49D1-B6D1-B85D508CF179.jpgThis is what I use, it’s a central vacuum PVC pipe coupler with self adhesive felt strips.

It fits the 50mm guard and 2 1/2” hose perfectly.....Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sheridan View Post
    F8390BC0-8D56-49D1-B6D1-B85D508CF179.jpgThis is what I use, it’s a central vacuum PVC pipe coupler with self adhesive felt strips.

It fits the 50mm guard and 2 1/2” hose perfectly.....Rod
    Thanks for for the idea, I ended up using it. I ran some foam weatherstripping around the opening and my coupling from my miter saw fit perfectly on there. Now I have it run to a festool CT 15 for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel Marusic View Post
    Thanks for for the idea, I ended up using it. I ran some foam weatherstripping around the opening and my coupling from my miter saw fit perfectly on there. Now I have it run to a festool CT 15 for the time being.
    You're welcome...........Rod.