Thread: Bora Portamate PM-P254 / MLCS router motor

Bora Portamate PM-P254 / MLCS router motor

Does anyone have experience with either? It has become more of a pain than I expected to track down a 3+hp motor only for my Jessem lift / table set up. The reviews seem all over the place and it is hard to see if they have updated their motors in any way since they were introduced.

If I needed a new motor for my router table I would get the big Milwaukee router.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

They are out of stock a lot of places. I've been trying without success to track down a used 3.5 one as well. Craigslist and similar haven't yielded much.

George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

I have a Bora Portamate router motor in my router table. Have not used it very much, but good so far. I don’t like the variable speed knob however, it needs positive stops. It’s very loose feeling, but that’s a minor thing really.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Coley View Post
    I have a Bora Portamate router motor in my router table. Have not used it very much, but good so far. I don’t like the variable speed knob however, it needs positive stops. It’s very loose feeling, but that’s a minor thing really.
    Thank you. I’m between that or maybe biting the bullet and paying the high price for the Milwaukee.