Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Federal style demilune table done

Federal style demilune table done

I should call this my covid table. Took darn near most of 2020. Although in all fairness, it was put on hold for several other projects over the year. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea, but I do love the style and a half circle table has been on my bucket list for some time.

CB8F4AEA-C51E-4722-8041-84404C032F8F.jpg 470EF69B-AC4E-4891-8027-BA7D3AADDD57.jpg A52A8C2A-18DA-415A-905D-453239EAB082.jpg

Funny thing is, I didn’t build it for any particular space. In fact, not even sure where it’s going to go. LOML is already rolling her eyes when I mentioned next up was a full round version.
    Last edited by Phil Mueller; 01-08-2021 at 9:12 AM.

Very nice. Walnut? Bent lamination for the apron?

Thanks Stan. The top and apron are rosewood with curly cherry trim. Legs are Brazilian cherry. The apron was made using the bricking method.

It's a great piece. I think a full frontal shot would quiet any doubters. What we have now makes the apron bead blend in
    too much with the cross banding ,making it look too heavy. But I'm sure it is NOT!

Wow. Beautiful work!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That is beautiful! Amazing work.
    And there was trouble, taking place...

Beautiful work! Another piece to be proud of!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Very nice.
    Chris

Mel, thanks for your comment. I fretted over the apron size for some time. I went with Latta’s FWW dimensions pretty closely, but his featured table was larger. So scaling it down was pure judgment. Might have been better slightly smaller. I’m just glad that when I bump it, it doesn’t fall over

Super nice Phil!! There are so many different skill sets for the federal style furniture that you did extremely well.
    A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.

Congrats Phil, turned out great and looks like a perfect place to set YOUR cup of tea

Thanks for sharing the build progress on the hand tool forum and will look forward to the full round version.

Best,
    Chris
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    --Yogi Berra

Phil, that is an absolutely stunning piece of furniture, well worth the delay. Nicely done Sir!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Phil, you have made a spectacular masterpiece. I have been waiting for the finished product - please ship UPS - I will cover the shipping costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rainey View Post
    Phil, you have made a spectacular masterpiece. I have been waiting for the finished product - please ship UPS - I will cover the shipping costs.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

What an amazing piece Phil. The top is wonderful, and the rosewood is beautifully used. hip it to me and I'll drop it off at Mark's place. Honest. Really.......
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.