Thread: Invicta ti-14 (shaper)

Blog Entries

Invicta ti-14 (shaper)

Picked it up today. Been looking for another tilting shaper to replace the one grizzly I was still hanging on to.

Anyone else have (or had) one, thoughts?

Seems reasonably hefty. Single c3 6211z on top and a 6206zz on the bottom.

20210106_172748.jpg
    20210106_133147.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is a real clean, nice looking machine. I have no experience with a TI 14 but do own a RS 15 Delta/Invicta. My shaper is very smooth ,quiet and powerful. Not sure what the bearing sizes are on mine but the spindle cartridge is massive. Pretty sure you will like this machine a lot. Fence looks like mine, heavy and basic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kees View Post
    That is a real clean, nice looking machine. I have no experience with a TI 14 but do own a RS 15 Delta/Invicta. My shaper is very smooth ,quiet and powerful. Not sure what the bearing sizes are on mine but the spindle cartridge is massive. Pretty sure you will like this machine a lot. Fence looks like mine, heavy and basic.
    Yeah the quill on this on looks to be about 5" in diameter. Similar lookong under the hood to my f90, Slightly lighter but Decently heavy at 1300lbs.

Interestingly the largest table ring is 16.53" which seems like a odd metric size at 420mm

Blog Entries
    Anyone?

I expected to see a sheet metal diverter or fabric baffle underneath the rings, otherwise I'm not sure how well the under table dust port does collect dust.
    20210107_153029.jpg

I posted a recommendation for a precision top bearing on owwm. The 6206zz can be a standard SKF Explorer. Dave

Blog Entries
    Thanks Dave. I appreciate the help.