Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jessem vs Woodpecker Router Table Lift

Blog Entries
    I have the Incra which is made by Jessem, very nice lift.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rapp View Post
    I am leaning towards the Jessem. I'd love to have seen it in person as I have seen the woodpecker system many times and always felt it was 10-fold quality over my rockler setup.
    I went through the same comparison and long process deciding and ultimately grabbed the JessEm. Couldn’t be happier, have it mounted in my cast iron wing on a sawstop contractor.

I was using a rebranded PRL V2 lift. I liked it well enough, but it did have a couple quirks that frustrated me enough to look into other options. The biggest issue I had, is slop in the height adjustment, and that drove me nuts. And while the quick raise / lowering function is handy, I do not miss it. The lift I replaced it with is the Jessum lift that Incra sells. I wanted the magnetic inserts. I've been using this Incra lift for a few months now, and I love it. Very accurate, simple, and I can't think of anything to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rapp View Post
    I am leaning towards the Jessem. I'd love to have seen it in person as I have seen the woodpecker system many times and always felt it was 10-fold quality over my rockler setup.
    If you have a Rockler store nearby, they carry the Incra Mast-R-Lift-II-R, which is made by Jessem, and is identical except in anodization color, and the throat plates/retention (steel & magnetic) vs Jessem (plastic and included pin-spanner). The -R suffix fits the narrower openings in Rockler and some other brands of tables (8.75 vs 9.75 inches, IIRC), but is otherwise identical to non-R lifts.

-- Andy - Arlington TX

I just got the Jessum. It’s a game changer!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy D Jones View Post
    If you have a Rockler store nearby, they carry the Incra Mast-R-Lift-II-R, which is made by Jessem, and is identical except in anodization color, and the throat plates/retention (steel & magnetic) vs Jessem (plastic and included pin-spanner). The -R suffix fits the narrower openings in Rockler and some other brands of tables (8.75 vs 9.75 inches, IIRC), but is otherwise identical to non-R lifts.

-- Andy - Arlington TX
    I wish I had a Rockler near by. The closest is 260 miles away up near Boston, or about 350 miles. I am however smack in the middle of 3 woodcraft stores, 83, 84 and 85 miles away each. There is a remote possibility based on wood crafts website inventory that 1 store might have the lift in store (only a few left call to verify). I might need to take a ride this weekend.

I don't see it for sale anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe O'Leary View Post
    I don't see it for sale anywhere.
    It says 'only a few left' in their Allentown, PA location

I pieced mine together the way I wanted it. Got a steel cabinet base with a drawer from Peachtree, cast iron top and incra mastr lift from rockler and a fence from Jessum. Made a nice setup.

I have the Rockler version of the Jessem in my cast iron router table. It is excellent! Rockler has a picture of my router table on their web site on the page showing their steel router cabinet. You can see what it looks like mounted in the cast iron table.

I can't speak to the tables or fences since I built my fence and have the lift in an extension of the TS table. But I have been using the Woodpecker lift for years and have always found it easy to use, accurate, and reliable. Just one more data point if you're still deciding.

The Jessem Lift is great! I have a Master Lift that I ordered with and installed with an Incra table/fence. Mine uses a crank to raise and lower and is so accurate that I can literally change depth by as tiny an amount as needed to get precise fit to an exact thickness when routing. I realize that this kind of precision/accuracy.