Thread: SCMS Depth Adjustment

SCMS Depth Adjustment

I need to replace my miter saw. Aside from Festool, is there a slider with a depth gauge so I can cut a dado across a 2x6?

My makita 1013 has a depth stop so I would assume all modern MSs do. However, I would advise that it provides a rough vs precision depth for repeated cuts. There's enough flex in the stop and frame of the saw that one cut can be off from the previous cut depending on downward pressure.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

My dewalt SCMS has an adjustable stop. As Brian said, it's somewhat crude, but with care you can cut a passable dado.
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

All of mine have a way to do it. Keep in mind that it won't cut the same depth all the way across the board if it's resting on the fence. You'll need a spacer board against the fence to make it happen. It's pretty obvious why when you try it, but not so much before you try. A 10" SCMS will have enough reach to dado a 2x6, with a spacer. I do it fairly often.