Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A3-41 arrived

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shea View Post
    I've never seen a bilco opening with concrete steps.
    I've never seen one without concrete steps. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Shea View Post
    I plan on upgrading my tablesaw at some point and plan on getting a Sawstop PCS. I'm really worried how that machine will fit but I'm sure there is a way. The things we do for woodworking! We do plan on building an attached garage to the house some day and will make it large enough to house a machine shop. That will make my life so much easier but getting the existing machines out will be a nightmare!
    My SS PCS came unassembled, and not much bigger than the attached top. The cabinet should be a little less than 22" by 28".

Thomas, thank you for the photos. It gave me some ideas for how much space to expect when the pallet is unloaded here into my garage in the likely rain in WA. They should be shipping the ones here on the west coast out next month from Sacramento.

Did the same thing using an engine hoist to lift and set my A3-31 onto a custom made mobile base. Worked out great!
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Got everything installed and hooked up to the DC. What do you guys do when you change to planer mode? It twists the flex hose and adds some angles that are not ideal. I haven't been able to find any type of swivel for a 5" hose - anyone have a source?

63190946161__A037D7A9-6082-4BA1-8C82-959CE97C3794.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

Thomas,

Instead of clamping the duct to the dust port I use the 5" magport fittings. http://magport.net.

When I switch from one mode to another I pull the connection apart, make the switch, then reconnect the fitting. Since they connect magnetically it's easy to disconnect and reconnect.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

As an inexpensive alternative to the magport type connection, a rubber Fernco connector can be obtained from the 'borg that will fit nicely on the 120mm port(s) and also allow a nice 5" hose to be clamped to the rubber fitting.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    As an inexpensive alternative to the magport type connection, a rubber Fernco connector can be obtained from the 'borg that will fit nicely on the 120mm port(s) and also allow a nice 5" hose to be clamped to the rubber fitting.
    It has some kind of swivel in the middle?

Doesn't need one...it's a slip fit on the machine so you can easily adapted it as you rotate things. With my J/P, there are separate hoods/ports for the two functions, but this should still work just fine with a unit that has one hood/port that moves. Just leave your hose a few inches longer than you might normally do (you can always shorten it later) and see how it works out.
    --

You're killing me. My A3-41 is sitting in a warehouse with a backlog of deliveries until they can get to me. How is yours cutting?

Quote Originally Posted by William Chain View Post
    You're killing me. My A3-41 is sitting in a warehouse with a backlog of deliveries until they can get to me. How is yours cutting?
    I ran one board through the planer a few times to calibrate the hand wheel dial - no noticeable snipe but I wasn't really looking for it. Barely messed with the joiner but it was super smooth. Looking forward to running some stuff through it soon, I have some rough knotty Alder to true up for a bookshelf.

I will say I think I'm going to invest in the outfeed support for the planer at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Polubinsky View Post
    Thomas,

Instead of clamping the duct to the dust port I use the 5" magport fittings. http://magport.net.

When I switch from one mode to another I pull the connection apart, make the switch, then reconnect the fitting. Since they connect magnetically it's easy to disconnect and reconnect.

Cliff
    I use Magport fittings on my A3-41 too. As you said makes it easy to reconnected after going from jointer to planer mode. I also have them on my SawStop PCS, router table, and drill press to allow moving the dust collection hose to these tools.

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered a couple 5" magports.

All -

So excited; great news.

My A3-41A shipped from Delaware today. I should get it sometime next week.

Can hardly wait.
    ===========

James Cheever
    Ga Tech NROTC - 1978
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Commander, USN (Retired)