Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A3-41 arrived

Quote Originally Posted by William Chain View Post
    Obvious follow-up question - why has Felder made this endeavor necessary? I’m not being snarky, I’m awaiting delivery of my own A3-41 (fingers crossed, this week) and I’d have bought any optional factory snorkel to get into my (typical) dust collection setup.
    I use the Felder 90 degree connector for my A3 and my saw/shaper. No need to reinvent the wheel, the connector fits perfectly and is easy to slip on and off the dust extraction port.

The right angle connector allows the hose to drop sharply to the floor in jointer mode and rise up out of the way of the planer outfeed......Rod.
    Last edited by Rod Sheridan; 01-26-2021 at 8:08 AM.

What size hose? Does it fit the hose with no nonsense?

One slight word of caution when using the Fernco fitting - there's precious little clearance, if any, between it and the wood passing under it when planing. I occasionally have pieces drag on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Wolfy View Post
    Nice video Chris, thank you.

Just wondering why you use a Magport on the Rockler quick connect, when you can just connect them quickly without?
    I can't remember exactly, all my machines were setup to use the Rockler quick connects, before the Magports. I think I bought the Magports in a couple of kits which left me short a couple of machine port connections, so I decided to adapt the Rockler quick connect, as seen on my belt sander.

Quote Originally Posted by William Chain View Post
    Obvious follow-up question - why has Felder made this endeavor necessary? I’m not being snarky..
    No snark taken. Straight answer: Have you ever worked with Germans or Austrians? If you thought of it, it wasn't necessary. If they thought of it, it was the perfectly engineered solution. My mom's side of the family is German, BTW.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Simon View Post
    One slight word of caution when using the Fernco fitting - there's precious little clearance, if any, between it and the wood passing under it when planing. I occasionally have pieces drag on it.
    Mick, could you shave the flange with a utility knife or is it another part of the fitting that's tight? I haven't used Fernco's on an A3 yet, only the OEM Felder stuff. There was no interference on the Italian machines due to the snorkel design.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

So, it's as simple as 120mm über alles?

Great.

I work with many German and Austrian folk, and yes they do like their procedures and exact way of doing things, but I would think even that gives way to the prospect of a couple extra euros out of every sale to customers in the US (if not everywhere).

Well, I'll find out just how annoying the adapters are tomorrow between 11a and 2p. Getting the sucker off the pallet will be job #1 though.

Mine is coming tomorrow too, William.

And getting it off the pallet and on its mobile base by myself will be my first job. Luckily i have a hoist.
    ===========

James Cheever
    Ga Tech NROTC - 1978
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Commander, USN (Retired)

I think I'm going to rent a pallet jack to remove it like in the Felder video.

Quote Originally Posted by James Cheever View Post
    Mine is coming tomorrow too, William.

And getting it off the pallet and on its mobile base by myself will be my first job. Luckily i have a hoist.

So excited! My new 16” jointer was delivered today. Looks to be in perfect shape. No issues at all with Hammer, the shipper or the packaging.

Got it “unwrapped” in the garage. Now need to get it off the pallet and onto my mobile base. Then into the basement along with it’s new sibling, a 20” planer. Someday soon I hope to have some items up for sale on the Marketplace.

Here it is unwrapped:

93C8B982-9FA4-4C25-A1F7-A6BE452FB150.jpg
    ===========

James Cheever
    Ga Tech NROTC - 1978
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Commander, USN (Retired)

Oh yes.... me too.

IMG_0504.jpg

Another Hammer .. This one is a K3
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by James Cheever View Post
    So excited! My new 16” jointer was delivered today. Looks to be in perfect shape. No issues at all with Hammer, the shipper or the packaging.

Got it “unwrapped” in the garage. Now need to get it off the pallet and onto my mobile base. Then into the basement along with it’s new sibling, a 20” planer. Someday soon I hope to have some items up for sale on the Marketplace.

Here it is unwrapped:

93C8B982-9FA4-4C25-A1F7-A6BE452FB150.jpg
    Nice guys! I'm jealous! I have to wait for next month. Europe to Panama to CA to WA... sometime in February.

James, I like the Festool track holders, too!

HaHa, thanks, Rod.

I use my garage to stage and breakdown any plywood before it goes into my basement shop.
    ===========

James Cheever
    Ga Tech NROTC - 1978
    Run Silent, Run Deep
    Commander, USN (Retired)

Seems to be "Hammer time" for a bunch of folks right now. I guess their ship came in. LOL. Congrats on your new tools!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...