Well, I finally got my second Fiber laser. I had lost out on several very deep engraving quotes this year, some just a few $, one was an ongoing contract that would have been several thousand over a year. Had one request in late November that I did samples with my 20 watt and while it worked, it took a LONG while. But I got the order. So I restarted my search.

I had earlier in the year contacted Ray Fine, and another company. I got really high $ numbers especially when adding in customs. And even though having two Ray Fine lasers in house, I didn't get nearly as a warm fuzzy from the contact person as in past. And no real discount as they were higher than the other company.

So I went another route as I wanted the thing before end of the year and hopefully in time to use on this new order.

I looked at Amazon and eBay for anything from a manufacturer that might be based in the US. Found one, SFX who sell on both. Had 50 watt with JPT source (what I was looking for) and machines were in US. And decent price delivered.
So I bit and ordered through eBay.
Quick response, but machine was not in stock. They would substitute with different rotary. OK. 6 hours later, that machine had damage and would not ship it to me, would ship from China.... OH, Heck NO!!
And I let the woman know I wanted a refund as I didn't want to pay Customs Duty on the laser.
2 minutes, Yes, 2 minutes later I had phone call from her. How Linda got my phone number that fast beats me. But she explained the machine would be shipped prepaid, and they would pay customs. They import these lasers and can do that.
And would ship next day. 7 to 9 days total expected.
OK, I'll keep on going down the rabbit hole.
So it ships from China through Hong Kong in a couple of days.
DHL, OK, I've had good luck with them, Even this year.

Gets to Cincinnati on the 23rd Sits a day. Clears customs on the Saturday the 26th!
Great! I might have it the 28th or 29th, latest.
Then it sits..... And Sits.... AND SITS. Changes expected date to unknown.....
WTH?
So I call them on the 29th. Get a kid sitting in Singapore, or Taipei or Bangkok, but not in the US. He said that he saw it had issues and would elevate to local rep.
So Cincinnati person called me on the evening of the 30th. Oh, they can't locate it. It is in the warehouse or shipped to wrong place. They would have to put in a visual search. Contacted the seller to get description....
Calling all cars, Wooden Crate Missing! Presumed kidnapped!
Well, nothing till Saturday the 2nd when the tracking showed it had cleared processing again and left Cincinnati.
No phone call, which kind of poor customer service right there.
Got text at 7 Monday and call for delivery and it showed up at 9am. No issue with local DHL, they be good folks.

So, 8 extra days of vacation for the laser in Cinci..... While I was engraving plates full time over the holiday....

While last plate was engraving, I moved the box to the basement, and started unboxing.
Laser was super well packaged. Better than my RF was. Rotary bolted down, not loose in bottom, foam all around it, it couldn't have moved if it had wanted to. Screwed to the bottom also.
Everything was there, and machine was set up for the lens. Totally plug-n-play, software on thumb, good screen shots of all important settings that they had done.
And dang 50w is way better than the 20 when you want to deep engrave.
I opened it up just to make sure, and yes JPT 50w source, True BJJCZ EzCad board.
So I'm happy.
And the Seller's rep, Linda, followed the status pretty well. And has answered questions well. I do fault them for not having machine in US, but I can understand inventory also. Using same for Amazon eBay and maybe direct can leave someone hanging. And if it hadn't been for someone's incompetence in Cincinnati DHL hub, (which isn't seller's issue) I would have had it in their time frame.
So, another good source in my opinion for eBay or Amazon lasers SFX. Ask for Linda