Thread: Trouble-Shooting My Epilog Laser: Keeps Saying "Done" & Won't Process a Job

Trouble-Shooting My Epilog Laser: Keeps Saying "Done" & Won't Process a Job

Hi, I have an Epilog entry-level 30-watt Zing laser. I've been using it all night and it was operating perfectly. Suddenly, about an hour ago, it started two different weird things.

I should explain that I use Adobe Illustrator vs. Corel Draw, but it's always worked great for me.

First thing: I cut a sheet of wood into different pieces. I ran the machine at 10% Speed, 80% Power and 500 Freq. It worked like a champ. After this I closed that file and opened a different image. Since this was a new shape, I set the machine for 100 speed and 5% power, as I print onto paper before doing the real cut. However, when I went to cut this new job, the machine kept trying to print the previous job. Try as I might, I could not get it to stop doing this.

I cleaned the cache on my computer, removing all temp files, then restarted the computer.

Now problem #2. It stopped the problem described above, but now whenever I try to do a job (I've tried several), as soon as I hit GO the machine beeps and says, "Done."

I've seen it do this before, but I've triple-checked all the settings and they all look perfect.

It's late. I'm tired. I'll check back in the morning.

Thank You,
    Scott
    Last edited by Scott Memmer; 01-06-2021 at 11:12 AM.

This usually happens for me when the cut line isn't a hairline......it's usually 0.5pt.
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clarkson View Post
    This usually happens for me when the cut line isn't a hairline......it's usually 0.5pt.
    Steve, thanks, yes, that's what I thought. I quadruple checked that. It is set at the factory setting at .0001 at 600 DPI.

If anyone has anything I'm not thinking of, even something basic and inconsequencial that I may have overlooked, feel free to chime in; I won't be insulted. I was at the machine six hours non-stop when this started to happen, so I was pretty batty.

Thanks Again, Steve,

sm

Now problem #2. It stopped the problem described above, but now whenever I try to do a job (I've tried several), as soon as I hit GO the machine beeps and says, "Done."

Scott,
    That has happened to me on occasion with my TT.
    For me it turned out like Steve mentioned. Do you have a LCD display on you ZING--does the job show up there?
    My TT has a display that shows the current file to be engraved/cut, if nothing is showing up the laser will beep (mine anyway).

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

sorry if this seems a dumb question: did you clear the memory on the machine?
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Something else to check. Do you have it set for Raster or vector? if you want to cut and have nothing to raster, it will tell it is done.
    HTH

Real Mercier
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 W
    Roland PNC1000
    CorelDraw X3
    FlexiSign 7.6

Have you double checked that the layer(s) are set to print?
    Epilog Legend 36EXT ~35W
    30W Fiber Laser
    Ender 3 PRO
    Corel X6
    AutoCAD 2019
    FFL 01