Thread: Replacement dust collector bag?

Replacement dust collector bag?

I have an older Jet DC 610 in my small garage workshop right now. I can't imaging rolling around anything larger, so buying a nicer unit doesn't make practical sense. Plus, I'll be building a new dedicated workshop in a couple years. It'll have a real system. I've been acquiring Festool tools lately, and I am really enjoying how little dust they generate when hooked up to the Midi. So now, everything but my green tools kinda sucks to use.......

I am however, hopeful that I can replace the filter bag on this little machine with something more efficient? I think the current, OEM filter passes a good amount of dust. I did a quick search and didn't really find anything to upgrade to. Any suggestions for what I might order? Or should I just get rid of it and buy a new DC with a similar footprint?

And while I'm asking for advice on dust collecting, my Midi vacuum bag is starting to fill up. Any suggestions for what I should buy to replace that bag with? The same Festool bags, or is there something more economical, possibly re-usable?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Drew View Post
    I have an older Jet DC 610 in my small garage workshop right now. I can't imaging rolling around anything larger, so buying a nicer unit doesn't make practical sense. Plus, I'll be building a new dedicated workshop in a couple years. It'll have a real system. I've been acquiring Festool tools lately, and I am really enjoying how little dust they generate when hooked up to the Midi. So now, everything but my green tools kinda sucks to use.......

I am however, hopeful that I can replace the filter bag on this little machine with something more efficient? I think the current, OEM filter passes a good amount of dust. I did a quick search and didn't really find anything to upgrade to. Any suggestions for what I might order?
    I think Oneida (at least used to) sell 1 micron felt bags for that unit.

Your best bet may be Jet customer service. Unfortunately, the problem with the old bags is that they not only don’t contain the small particulates, they actually are very efficient at dispersing them throughout the shop. Hopefully, customer service will be responsive. Let us know what you find out please.

Pertaining to your second question, I have a CT36 and found bags on Amazon for it that were much cheaper than genuine Festool bags. The Midi bags are Powertec 75048. The Powertec bags work fine in my DC.

There was a company called American Filter Fabric that makes custom bags. I had one made for my Cincinnati Dust Collector. As I recall it was not that expensive but it is very well made.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Grider View Post
    Pertaining to your second question, I have a CT36 and found bags on Amazon for it that were much cheaper than genuine Festool bags. The Midi bags are Powertec 75048. The Powertec bags work fine in my DC.
    Ordered, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Sack View Post
    There was a company called American Filter Fabric that makes custom bags. I had one made for my Cincinnati Dust Collector. As I recall it was not that expensive but it is very well made.
    Thank you. I'll give them a ring and see what they can do for me.

You are welcome.