Thread: Car table

Car table

I use a larger tray in the truck that sits firmly on the console for our take out food and needed one for the SUV when taking trips. Needed legs for stability that go down in the drink holders. Looks like another 9 months of doing take out for us.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice. First time in a while I have wished my shifter was on the steering column.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Winners View Post
    Nice. First time in a while I have wished my shifter was on the steering column.
    The shifter is under the table, it’s only around 3.5 to 4 inches tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce King View Post
    The shifter is under the table, it’s only around 3.5 to 4 inches tall.
    Parked I guess you are golden. Mine is too tall for that, and in the winter months I am dealing with all the road conditions and prefer a tunnel mounted shifter.

Alaska tip: downhill on snow in 4WD, select N, and then back to D when you are sure you are ready. The latency in many 4WD systems can spin you around pretty fast if you aren't sure you are ready, granting an excellent view of where you have been and limited view of where you are going. Also, shift out of D to one of the higher numbers when going up steep hills to stay out of the ditches, even on studded tires.

Really nice doohickey though, esp if you can share it with your SO.

Blog Entries
    Nice, but it needs cup holders?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

It’s only used when parked but I’m open for suggestions on how to add some. Not really wanting to make it too thick to store along with the stuff in there during road trips.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce King View Post
    It’s only used when parked but I’m open for suggestions on how to add some. Not really wanting to make it too thick to store along with the stuff in there during road trips.
    Here's what I did for the cup holder I made for our yard swing.
    20210105_170235.jpg20210105_170249.jpg
    I used 1/2" flat nylon strapping, but wider might work better. I used two pieces, but three would make it more secure
    20210105_170341.jpg20210105_170350.jpg
    When you fold your table the excess strapping could be pulled up through the holes if needed.
    20210105_170054.jpg

You could also use it to hold those french fry containers from the fast food places.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 01-05-2021 at 5:29 PM.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute