Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeon Laser - Any owners in here?

Aeon Laser - Any owners in here?

Good evening,
    Been doing my due diligence and researching lasers and honestly I am all over the place. I started looking at Boss, Rabbit, Thunder, then Laguna EX. Then I decided buy once cry once and started looking at epilog and Trotec. I am waiting on a quote from both of those (Speedy 360 and a Fusion 32 (both 60w and 80w).. I suspect they will be close to 40k my target is 25k and I really don't want to exceed 30k. While doing some more reading I came across a company called Aeon, Turkish design, US support, Chinese components but available with an RF Tubes? Curious if anyone here owns one and what the general consensus is. I plan on doing more cutting than engraving.

Thank in advance!
    Thank you,
    Scott Gibbons

Hey Scott looking at their website all I saw was Glass tubes didn't see RF listed anywhere, did I miss something.
    I haven't heard of them before and havn't heard them mentioned but we do know Rabbit,Boss and thunder and of course the 3 big$ ones too. Personally I own a rabbit 6040 with a 60 watt tube and have been very happy with it over the last 5 years , the Support from Rabbit Laser USA has been awesome. When I went from win 7 to 10 They were on the phone with me for like an hour helping me with the change.Your gonna be a cutter you said so you want more power like80 to 100 or more watts. Guys here have Boss and Thunder and they are happy too. also looking at prices they all seem to be in the same ballpark as aeon so if it was me I'd go with the devils we know.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Scott, if your going to be doing commercial work I recommend Trotec and Epilog. Trotec is my first choice, the speed is invaluable when you have tight deadlines to meet. The current atmosphere concerning China may become a problem in the near term. Something to consider.

Thank you. I spoke with the distributor in Florida yesterday and I am waiting on a quote for the nova model with an 80w RF tube. Curious to see what comes back, I’ll post it up as soon as I have it. I have also been looking at rabbit/boss/thunder but the Iradon RF tube was interesting. But I tend to wonder if that drives the price up
    to a trotec/epilogue level
    Thank you,
    Scott Gibbons

Thanks Keith I spoke with the marketing rep at trotec yesterday and the sales rep is going to call me
    today. I requested a quote on a speedy 360 w/80w tube and rotary attachment. I have no idea what they are going to come back with, I also explained I would be open to purchasing a demo unit.
    Thank you,
    Scott Gibbons

I own 4 C02 lasers and 3 fiber lasers. The reason is, no matter how fast any of them are, any one machine can be a bottleneck... My Gravograph (you should check those out too) LS900 was out of service waiting for the 16 year old tube to be repaired for 6 months due to pandemic issues (among others), and just that one machine not helping out added 1 to 2 hours to my workdays. It's back in service, life is easier -- If recent quote requests pan out, I WILL be acquiring a 4th fiber laser, just to avoid jobs backing up...

My point: be aware that by spending a lot up front, it may affect your ability to expand later. There are other options to buying a new top o' the line laser. Such as, DO consider a good used machine. 10 of my machines I've bought used, zero regrets...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I am totally open to used and if I do go the trotec route I would have to. I was hoping the aeon would be a good middle of the road between the two extremes. I am not going to rule anything out, I look at the ls900 but I was looking for something a bit larger. They do have the LS1000 but I have to assume that is far above my budget

thank you for your advice, much appreciated
    Thank you,
    Scott Gibbons

I believe (going from memory, which is suspect these days ) my Gravo rep told me he could get me a 150w LS1000 for $55k... lots of cash but considering it's capabilities... My issue with it is I don't have much use for that much power or size. Fully half of my laser work fits in my 12 x 18" LS100
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I assumed it was in the 50-60k range. Double my budget lol
    Thank you,
    Scott Gibbons

On something about cutting no matter what machine you get cutting speed will be about the same, so spending big bucks on a trotec or epi thinking its gonna cut a lot faster is not true. It takes power and slower speed to cut and their all about the same.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Scott,

Check this site for used lasers.........https://www.laserresale.com/
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Will do, thank you
    Thank you,
    Scott Gibbons

I don't think I am as concerned with the speed as much as I am about getting everything working since this is my first laser. Having Trotec being only 45min from my house is kind of nice.
    Thank you,
    Scott Gibbons

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Gibbons View Post
    I don't think I am as concerned with the speed as much as I am about getting everything working since this is my first laser. Having Trotec being only 45min from my house is kind of nice.

Im pretty sure Rabbit laser will personally deliver the laser , set it up and teach you how to run it in your own place.
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Aeon Lasers come with a choice of glass, RF and ceramic tubes. Check out Pulse Laser systems AU. The trouble with asking questions regarding lasers on a forum like this is that you are always going to get someone fiercely defending the brand they operate. It's not easy to make a choice and very often comes down who you know and what it costs
    Hilton Lister. NZ
    GCC Spirit 60w. Meistergram 912, Gravograph IT, Old Roland Vinyl Cutter, Hand engraving, Retired