Thread: One week apart

One week apart

I have had trouble posting pictures here so it is a little late.

A couple of months ago I say a sign for a yard sale. My wife said I would be wasting my time but I chased it down in the country. As I was walking buy I spotted a larger plane and upon a closer look I saw it had a frog adjusting screw, which says to me, machined seats. Picking it up I saw it was a wards #7. As I was wondering who made the Montgomery Wards planes, I saw the price tag which was $2 and I stopped wondering and just kept my mouth shut and paid for it.

DSC03684.jpg DSC03685.jpg DSC03686.jpg
    One week later I was in western Iowa visiting my son and the wife wanted to stop at an antique store she had seen advertised in a publication. It was a really nice well kept shop and down in the basement as far back as I could go I found a couple of planes. I even had to bend way down to see them. They were priced kind of high I thought. Then I saw one back behind them. It wasn't a Stanley so they probable though it wasn't worth much. It turned out to be a Keen Kutter K 8 with a $30 price tag. Personally I think the King Kutter K series are the best bang for the buck going. The frogs interchange with the Bedrock round sides. Same plane , different casting numbers.

Needless to say both a #7 and a #8 for a total of $32, one week apart. Things like that just don't happen to me, I am still rejoicing.

DSC03687.jpg DSC03688.jpg DSC03689.jpg
    Thanks for rejoicing with me
    Tom

Congratulations Tom. Sounds like you did well.

Blog Entries
    Great finds, Stanley used to make some of their private label planes with the twisted lateral lever. Not sure if anyone else did.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)